Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mustangs81

Laundry Room Space Utilization

mustangs81
10 years ago

Not to hijack Lazygradens Pullout thread, I thought I would share the space between the refrigerator and base cabinet that I mentioned in that thread.

It's not much but why waste it and the bonus is that it can't be seen from outside laundry room.

Hooks are attached to the base cabinet where I hang various things related to kitty maintenance.

We go through a lot of soda (ball players and ball games) so I always have two cases stored inside the house. I glued the 2 - 12 can dispensers together with Gorilla Glue. I found a trash can that fit the space so I used zip ties to secured a shelf (from an old cooler) to the top of the dispensers.

On the refrigerator are very strong magnates to store handheld vacuum that is charging, duster, grabber, cell charging station, etc.

Comments (10)

• talley_sue_nyc
    10 years ago

ooh, cool!

Thanks, mustangs!

I love the "deposit pocket junk here" bin on the countertop.

How'd you get that shelf to stick to the fridge?
    Did you build a shelf then Gorilla Glue the magnets to the back, or something?

I love the "securing stuff with zip ties" for how you got the shelf to sit on top of the soda-can dispensers without shifting or falling through. I've done that sort of thing with zip ties as well.

Where'd you get the shelf?

I have a very skinny space between my fridge and the wall that was supposed to be a broom-closet space. It doesn't completely work, but sort of. Mostly it doesn't work because it's hard to access.

I keep thinking I'd like to find a way to organize it better. One of these days....

• mustangs81
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Tally_Sue, thanks.
    "deposit pocket funk here" bin on the counter top"
    It's for decoration only. Although I do keep a bank in the LR because DH doesn't check his pockets before washing. At last count I had over $100 in coins.
    How'd you get that shelf to stick to the fridge?
    I bought it on line. It's a metal "L" shaped shelf with a heavy duty magnet on the back side.
    Where'd you get the shelf?
    I googled for a long time hoping to find the source of the purchase for you, I guess it's no longer available.
    The "securing stuff with zip ties".
    Love zip ties! I have all sizes. I used the little ones for making hangers for the gripper, duster, and cordless vac that you see in the LR picture.
    Very skinny space between my fridge and the wall that was supposed to be a broom-closet space.
    It sounds like a challenge but if anyone can figure out a system, it's you. Are there any pull-out racks that would fit the space.

I am disappointed that the Organize the Home Forum isn't active like it use to be. In the last couple of weeks I have been searching on Pinetrest for organization and repurpose (my favorite challenge) hints.

Here is a link that might be useful: [Pullouts[(https://www.houzz.com/products/komplement-pull-out-rack-with-hooks-prvw-vr~254416)

• mrspete
    10 years ago

Your ideas are nothing short of genius!

• bspofford
    10 years ago

Is that the edge of the red washerwoman picture is see? Loved that from day one.....
    Barbara

• mustangs81
    Original Author
    10 years ago

MrsPete, Thank you!!!

OMG Barbara, you are amazing to remember washerwoman!

She had to move out; I found 3 cabinets that matched my others for $30 each; I had them stacked and inserted into washerwoman's wall.

Here is the wall redecorated sadly without washerwoman but with extra pantry storage.

• talley_sue_nyc
    10 years ago

Don't you think that washerwoman could fit on the top cabinet door?

Personally I'd be really tempted to decoupage her onto that door.

Bummer about the shelf. Not that I currently have a place to put it, but it's just such a cool gadget.

• bspofford
    10 years ago

I remember the first time I saw, and fell in love with her. I remember when you put the cabinets in, and saw there
    was no room for her any longer. It was just such a perfect space for the perfect subject. I hope she has found a good home elsewhere in your so well organized abode.

Barbara

• talley_sue_nyc
    10 years ago

This looks like that magnetic shelf!

http://businessfurnitureshop.com/wizard_magnetic_shelving.htm

Here is a link that might be useful: magnetic shelf

• talley_sue_nyc
    10 years ago

this one's more industrial--with hooks!

http://www.rockler.com/product.cfm?page=30576&site=ROCKLER

Here is a link that might be useful: Rockler carries a magnetic shelf

• mustangs81
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Talley_Sue, I looked at it closely - that's it! I don't think I paid that much though. Your second link looks great as does the price; I'm going to order it for the garage. Thanks.

Sponsored
Grow Landscapes
Average rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Planning Your Outdoor Space in Loundon County?