Return to the Organizing the Home Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
iron shelves from 'Costco'

Posted by natalija_gardener (My Page) on
Thu, Apr 29, 10 at 13:49

I am planning on organizing the garage stuff. We have a lot of things in it. We do not use it for cars now.I saw some sturdy shelves in Costco and thinking about buying them. do you reccomend them? Or should I check other stores? I am very new to "organizing garage" thing so I need your advise:-))
Thanks a lot for any help!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: iron shelves from 'Costco'

I trust Costco more than just about any other store (DrinkupNY.com and FabricMart.com are the only other two that come close, but they don't really overlap business models!). They might not always be the absolute cheapest, but they'll at least be low priced for the quality.

I described it to my mom after we joined as "We're not saving any money, but we are getting better stuff."

o

If you are thinking about shelving for your storage, buy the strongest shelves you can. Both Costco and Sam's have good sturdy shelves. Avoid the plastic shelves, as they won't bear a heavy load.

Barbara

o

Also, try to buy a set of shelving that offers you the opportunity to order an extra shelf. Most shelving units have a lot of wasted "headroom" when they're filled up. Spacing the shelves more closely allows you to create storage without piling stuff on top of other stuff. Even if you end up w/ a very short interval, that will be very useful.

o

We found a great shelf system at Sam's Club. It's sturdy, metal and made for a commercial place, like a gas station but it's perfect for what we need. It's 6 shelves high (top about 12" from our 8' ceiling), 4' x 18". Had the name of a large animal--Elephant or Rhino, perhaps. Only $65.

I just hope they still have more when I start reorganizing my garage this summer.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Organizing the Home Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here