Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jewelisfabulous

Storing towels in bathroom

jewelisfabulous
10 years ago

We have no linen closet in our bathroom so I need to find a way to store bath towels. What do you suggest? A basket, etagere, a rack of some kind?

Comments (8)

• talley_sue_nyc
    10 years ago

a shelf?

My mom ran a 6"-deep shelf along the wall above the tub (no shower) and folded the towels accordion-style in fourths to set them there.

My grandpa installed shelves over the doors into each bedroom and the bathrooms.
    There's an example here:
    http://www.domestically-speaking.com/2014/01/12-bathroom-organization-ideas.html

There are some other ideas there as well that either hold towels or would adapt to do so.

Here is a link that might be useful: see the shelves in pic #8

• Adella Bedella
    10 years ago

I have the same problem in my master bath. I'm still looking for a feasible solution. Wine racks are one cute solution if you roll up the towels. I'd prefer a small dresser or a huge wicker basket so I can just drop the towels in without folding them.

• grainlady_ks
    10 years ago

The link below has some fun ideas.

Here is a link that might be useful: Bathroom Towel Storage

• camlan
    10 years ago

My answer would depend on who is going to use the towels. If it's just two adults, a shelf up near the ceiling could be used to stack towels or hold towels in baskets, as well as for other storage.

But if small children need to be able to reach the towels, I'd put a narrow bookcase in the bathroom, with the kids' towels on the bottom shelves and the adults' towels up higher. Or just a big basket on the floor with the towels in it.

There are also a lot of wall-mounted shelf units and cabinets that could work, depending on the amount of space you have.

• emma
    10 years ago

I have no place in my bathrooms for towel storage so I store some in the walk in closet, more in a linen closet. I try to keep them near the bathroom they belong in. I keep wash clothes below the sink and hand towels folded and stacked on the vanity in a rectangle dish.

• eibren
    10 years ago

I use a baker's rack I found at BJ's. Sam's Club probably also has them. The open racks help to counter the humidity in the average bathroom from showering, and there is extra storage space on the bottom shelf for necessities like boxes of trash bags, a weight scale, and cleaning agents. If the bathroom door takes up too much space to use one, try installing a folding door instead.

• OklaMoni
    10 years ago

My bathroom is to small for any kind of towel storage. I keep mine in the dining room, in the lower part of the china cabinet.

When I have guests, I put their towels on the bed before they arrive.

:)

Moni

PS, besides, it is to humid for storing towels in there.

• jewelisfabulous
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thanks all! Lots of good ideas here to mull over.