Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
maddiemom6

Like a bat out of hell

maddiemom6
18 years ago

My husband is out of town for the next 4 days.. I am tossing and organizing like it's nobody's business... feeding the kids take-out and actually having a good time doing it! I am on my third car load to Goodwill... it's a nice way to start Spring!

Maddiemom

Comments (9)

• marie26
    18 years ago

I wish I had that sort of energy right now. Good for you!

• maddiemom6
    Original Author
    18 years ago

I know that I have hit the obsseive curve.. I am organzing the library... even adding little book plates and dividers... I am sure that there is some sort of medication for this ;-)

Maddiemom

• marie26
    18 years ago

What are book plates? What sort of dividers do you use? I really need to organize all the bookcases we have. Each time we move, they just get disorganized even when I ask the packers to pack them shelf by shelf. So, they are disorganized again. You just might have given me the inspiration to do them.

• talley_sue_nyc
    18 years ago

I just get the big, flat metal bookends, and put them in the MIDDLE of the bookshelf. Then I can slide the divider around. But if I take a book out, they don't sort of "domino" down the shelf.

I value these *most* on the paperbcks shelf, oddly enough, and the cookbook shelf.

Have fun, Maddiemom! I too can get a lot done when the distractions leave. But since I can't send my kids out in the yard to play, THEY are the big distraction.

• maddiemom6
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Book plates are the stickers that go in the front of the books saying who the book belongs to. There are many you can buy and then fill in but I created mine on the computer with a graphic I really liked and with our information...that way books have a better chance of getting back to us!. We have a personal library but it is a disaster!.. I spent a few hours last night doing just three shelves! I got the divider idea from the Pottery Barn organizing book. You use garden row markers.. I could not find wood ones like they used but I did find plastic ones.. ...so I painted them with black chalk board paint and they look quite nice. Then you slip the long spike end ( the part that would go in the dirt) between categories of books.. and then put the name of the category on the top part. I will try to take a picture and post it on my blog!

Maddiemom

• maddiemom6
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Ok... I posted a photo on my blog

www.kertay.net/blog

• marie26
    18 years ago

Thank you for posting that. I really like the markers idea and might use them in our library.

• maddiemom6
    Original Author
    18 years ago

I was also thinking that the copper type that dangle might look quite charming!

Maddiemom

• apoem
    18 years ago

VEry nice.
    And I enjoyed reading your blog too.

I am on strike. I keep hearing we can't buy anything or do anything until we do a house addition. (Think five of us in a 3 bedroom 1500 square foot house). So I'm doing nothing.

G