Return to the Organizing the Home Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
closet customizing

Posted by movingwest (My Page) on
Tue, Apr 25, 06 at 11:34

I cant' do it yourself... so which of the custom closet companies are most cost efficient. I dont need wood, white laminate and wirie bins are fine.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: closet customizing

I tried California Closets 12 years ago and it was several thousand then for just two small closets. And it was just laminate.

Could you ask if the box stores like Lowe's do installation? Maybe figure out what you need and hire a handyman to put it in for you?

I think labor costs are going to be your biggest consideration with a less expensive system. And that's going to be really area specific.

Gloria

o

I wrote some stuff on this thread--I'm too lazy to repeat it, LOL!

Here is a link that might be useful: a previous thread on closet systems

o

The Ikea systems are quite easy to put together.. and very easy on the wallet.

Maddiemom

o

I agree with Talley Sue, the "one track at the top" system is easy and the most economical.

I use ClosetMaid in my business. You can use the link below to plan your closet online. The software will make sure you have enough supports and will prevent mistakes. It will give you a 3D view and print out a shopping list

Make sure you use the Super Slide shelves. The systems are available at Home Depot & Lowe's.

Here is a link that might be useful: ClosetMaid- Storage Planner

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Organizing the Home Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here