Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lobsterbird

Kitchen organizing projects (pics)

lobsterbird
17 years ago

Here are some pics of my freshly organized kitchen cabinets (butler's pantry), jelly cupboard (living room), side board (dining room), and tablecloth closet (hall). Still working on the shelving area at top of basement steps.

Tina

Butler's pantry in kitchen/mudroom

The Sunbeam Mixmaster back in its home

Sideboard in dining room

Jelly cupboard in living room

tablecloth closet in hall

Comments (11)

• jannie
    17 years ago

Very neat.It must have been a lot of work. I love the glasswear. Is it Depressionn glass? I collect pink Depression glass, a pattern called Colonial Knife and Fork.

• marie26
    17 years ago

I am jealous. My cupboards are organized (like items with like items) but nowhere as neat as yours. Something to think about...

• celticmoon
    17 years ago

Great job! You have to feel really good about it!

OTOH, my pantry is starting to scare me.

• liz_h
    17 years ago

Looks great! Congratulations on a job well done.

• tre3
    17 years ago

Tina beautifully organized areas full of beautiful things. You must get so much pleasure to open something and see the order. The bonus is how useable everything is too! Great work!!

• talley_sue_nyc
    17 years ago

contrats! I agree w/ tre3--it must feel nice to open the doors, and see both the order AND the beautiful stuff.

Did everybody notice: that closely spaced shelf that's holding the French White Corning flat casserole? (lid is upside down, no?).

That's great storage.

(you might consider seeing if you could fit a shelf like that in the toaster cabinet--the toaster doesn't need headroom (though the nesting bowls might), and you might be able to steal some headroom from the other shelves--enough to fit something short. (like, maybe the ramekins on the top shelf can have their own shelf to stand one, *not* nested?)

• lobsterbird
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Good morning! How nice to come here and see all your reponses. Thanks a bunch.

I am absolutely loving how clear the space is. Before, if I needed to get something, I had to pull other stuff out, usually stacked and heavy. It made a simple task a chore. Now it's easy to see what's there, and the pieces that remain are items that get used. This is definitely the case where less is more.

jannie - I believe the light green wine and cordial glasses are Depression glass. They were my grandmother's. I think pink Depression glass is so pretty. I don't know anything about patterns, but I love to see tables set with pink and green glass mixed with white stoneware. It's such a nice look for spring and summer. How did you come to collect your pattern?

Tina

• catkin
    16 years ago

That's beautiful!

• teacats
    16 years ago

Very well done indeed!

Looking tidy and easily accessed too! Beautiful inside and out!

• hibiscus53
    16 years ago

Oh my gosh this is beautiful. You certainly have an eye for organizing. Want to come help me? I especially like your cutlery drawer.

• claire_de_luna
    16 years ago

Tina, that's just inspiring! Congratulations on making such beautiful cupboards for yourself.