Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mitchdesj2

Change of Seasons

mitchdesj
19 years ago

Our weather is warming up; I live in Montreal... I'm always surprised at how much work the different seasons produce, so much energy to transition from cold to warm......

For the next few months, days are warm but nights are cold so you still need in-between kind of clothing.

It must be wonderful to live in a warm and temperate climate and not have to switch over..... clothing, home accessories, etc...

Comments (11)

• maddiemom6
    19 years ago

I love the change of season!.. I love to change my home with them. It's a such good time to do that cleaning that often gets put off. I change all the weaths, flower accents, throw pillows, rugs. It's so fun to go "light" in the Spring and then cozy it back up in the fall. It does mean organizing that stuff but I have it just about down to a science with two or three big bins per season. Extra pillows, throws and the like are kept in the truck that serves as a coffee table and rugs are rolled and kept up in the storage room.

Change is good!

Maddiemom

• maddiemom6
    19 years ago

I love the change of season!.. I love to change my home with them. It's a such good time to do that cleaning that often gets put off. I change all the weaths, flower accents, throw pillows, rugs. It's so fun to go "light" in the Spring and then cozy it back up in the fall. It does mean organizing that stuff but I have it just about down to a science with two or three big bins per season. Extra pillows, throws and the like are kept in the truck that serves as a coffee table and rugs are rolled and kept up in the storage room.

Change is good!

Maddiemom

• maddiemom6
    19 years ago

welll!!!!... don't know how that happened.. sorry!

Maddiemom

• cupofkindness
    19 years ago

Mitchdesj:

I spent the final days of my honeymoon in Montreal! Our seventh son, a boy, is named Joseph Andre' for the Basilica of St. Joseph built by Brother Andre'.

But back to the topic: even in Dallas we have to have heavy coats, gloves, scarves, boots for the paltry week or two of real winter that nature gives us every year. It's a lot of gear for such a short season. However, the snow is greeted as if it were heaven's angels. You would smile to see the miniature snowmen in the front yards. And the happy children. But I do have a closet filled with coats and a shoe organizer-thingy with gloves, hats, ear muffs, scarves, etc. And having a large family means that many generous friends give us their clothes when their own children have outgrown them: so I probably have at least two nice coats per child! I guess that's what coat closets are for! Thanks for asking!

• maddiemom6
    19 years ago

Cup, that sound much like us here in TN.. not a lot of cold weater but more than enough to have lots of coats and hats...which I am packing up today! ( large plastic bins.. with lavender sachets so they are fresh for next year).. mind you I should have done this last month but we got some suprise cold days in March.. but now that April is here.. well they can just freeze if we get a freak snowfall ;-)

maddiemom6

• cupofkindness
    19 years ago

I wish I could get by with less, but little ones just get so cold. What's really aggravating is when you spend about 45 minutes getting everyone ready to play outside (for the 0.2" of snow on the ground) and they come in ten minutes later, thinking they have frostbite and wanting a cup of hot chocolate. Well, it is kind of cute!

• kittiemom
    19 years ago

It's the same here in coastal NC. Our winter is short & usually mild. But we have to have heavy coats for some of the really cold days. The thing here is that you never know for sure what the weather will be like except during summer, when you can count on high temps & high humidity. During the rest of the year, you don't know if you'll need t-shirts or sweats. DH & I took a week of vacation at the beginning of Nov. to work on the house. Since it was fall & we were working outside, we were really hoping for temps no higher than low 70's. The actual temps? - mid 80's! We are enjoying nice spring weather right now.

• talley_sue_nyc
    19 years ago

I wouldn't mind the switching around, if I had any place to KEEP the stuff.

The transition seasons are really hard, because then every coat we OWN--all 4 of us--it out in the tiny little entryway.

I want a mudroom!

• jamie_mt
    19 years ago

You know, it's funny - we figured it was going to get warm early this year since we've had a very warm winter. I just put my sweaters away last week, and we got the yard swing out to clean off, even watered the lawn once last week.

Now it's April 20th - and as I sit here at work staring out my window, I'm looking at an almost complete white-out winter snow/slush storm! LOL It's been snowing on and off since yesterday, and just from what I see outside, there's already at least an inch accumulated on the ground. My poor tulips are not happy - and there are power lines down all over town due to the heavy, wet spring snow (we don't get "wet" snow often).

Yes, I'm wearing short sleeves too - all my sweaters are packed up! It's very rare that we get snow in April...I think this year I was *too* organized for my own good! ;-)

• talley_sue_nyc
    19 years ago

My DH switched his short-sleeve shirts out. I'm sort of scared to--bcs it's still April.

I always make sure to leave 2 to 3 outfits for the "off" season in the dresser--and the long-sleeve sweatshirts live in the bottom drawer year-round.

It eases the pressure of trying to get it ALL switched around--if I miss an outfit or two, it's fine--that's the "shoulder" wear.

• maddiemom6
    19 years ago

Talley,

I also keep my gardening sweatshirt/jacket out.. since it can be sort of cool in the mornings if I just have on a tank top... but it's still beautiful here in Chattanooga!

maddiemom