Return to the Organizing the Home Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Pantene Ad prevents reading forum posts

Posted by colorcrazy (My Page) on
Sun, Mar 3, 13 at 19:35

Is anyone else being blocked by repetitive Pantene advertisements? Very annoying. Really miss the old days with Spike as the moderator.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Pantene Ad prevents reading forum posts

Nope... I block all the ads.

o

colorcrazy, what browser are you using? There's a browser add-on called AdBlocker that will block most ads on most websites, including this one. I don't see any ads on this site since I installed it.

However, it only works with Firefox, Chrome, Opera and Android. There are ad blockers for Internet Explorer, but I have never used them, so can't recommend anything.

I was about to stop coming here at all, due to those page-covering ads, until I installed AdBlocker.

And I realize that this post sounds like an ad for AdBlocker, but it isn't. It's just that I've tried it and it works and I feel like sharing the joy of no ads.

o

Camlin, I agree, I use FF and adblocker plus and the easy list. On the rare occasion I have to block one, I just right click and opt for a filter. I also block the decorative pictures and it all loads faster.

o

Thank you very much! I just added Adblocker for FireFox. Yay!

o

CC you need adblock plus, then ad the easy list. I think FF has one, but I google ricks easy list or the original easy list because I don't know about the one that FF has. Below easy list is a privacy list, I add that also.

Here is a link that might be useful: Easy List

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Organizing the Home Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here