Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
tammynewb

Attractive Outdoor toy container?

tammynewb
16 years ago

I was just wondering if any of you have found a solution for outdoor toys? My kids play in the front and back yards so having a place to put things in the front of the house that isn't an eyesore would be nice. The basketball hoop is in the front so I'm constantly finding balls all over the yard or piled on the bench on the front porch...which doesn't look nice! The garage really isn't an option since the only access from the outside is the large garage door plus we will be converting the garage to a bedroom this year. Thanks in advance!

Tammy

Comments (8)

• lucy
    16 years ago

Put the hoop in the back? Get one of those nice heavy plastic bins from Home Depot (or wherever you shop). You can sit on them, fill them right up and they're pretty weatherproof.

• fivefootzero
    16 years ago

We have a deck box on our patio that we use for the kids toys. I believe it's made by Suncast. Got it at Target.

Here is a link that might be useful: deck box

• tammynewb
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Lucy: Boy, I sure wish we could put the basketball hoop in the back, but unfortunatly the driveway is the only logical place because of the concrete. Maybe I can just convert it to a flag pole and tell the kids to go to their friends to play ball! lol

Five: I really like your box! It's a little pricey but on track for what I had in mind. How long have you had yours? Are you happy with it? I noticed the reviews aren't the best.
    Thanks for the responses!
    Tammy

• fivefootzero
    16 years ago

I don't have that exact model, but it is the same manufacturer, I think mine is a bit smaller...but I am totally happy with it. It sits on my patio and the kids are in and out of it all summer long (right now they're 5 and 3 and not exactly gentle with anything they own). We've even had parties where people have sat on it like a bench and no problem whatsoever.

I also own the outdoor garbage can...again, couldn't be happier with it.

• bmmalone
    16 years ago

a friend of mine bought a metal trash can. Painted it with funky designs and puts her kids toys in that. All the kids who play in her yard know where to finds soccer balls, etc - and more importantly they also know where to put them when they have finished playing with them!

• anrsaz
    16 years ago

I don't know why the reviews aren't good for the bench container...I didn't read it, but I love them! I have one in my closet as a storage trunk for all my quilts! And I can sit on it to get dressed! I have one outside too. They're a solid seat. No bending or sagging. I also have one in my dd's bedroom for all her stuffed animals LOL. She's 7, so the fact that it doesn't lock open isn't an issue. You need though to keep them a few inches from the wall so they stay open. They're pretty bug free too.

• tammynewb
    Original Author
    16 years ago

It sounds like the deck box would work out good for us. Thank you! Also, I already have a metal trash can...maybe the kids and I can paint it this summer and have another toy container for the back yard. It would be a fun project for us! Thanks for the idea, bmmalone!

• lat4005
    13 years ago

Oh I LOVE the metal trach can idea! Thanks so much for sharing that one! I have been trying to figure out how to have a few different storage options in different areas of our yard since we are out there so often. Between the bench and metal trash cans I think this gave me some awesome options and ideas. Thanks so much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sponsored
Town & Country Pools, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars11 Reviews
Discover the Best Pool Builder in Virginia, Maryland & DC!