Return to the Organizing the Home Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Linen closet problem-folding contour sheets

Posted by oldalgebra (My Page) on
Wed, Mar 22, 06 at 18:43

Does anyone know of a "trick" for folding contour sheets. I start out slow, trying to be carful, but ALWAYS end up with a big blob.
HELP!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Linen closet problem-folding contour sheets

The trick is tucking the corners into each other. Here's Martha Stewart's how to on it - better than I can explain it.

I got good at it by practicing on twin sheets before tackling queen and king.

Here is a link that might be useful: How to fold fitted sheets.

o

This one may be a bit more useful thanks to its illustations...

Here is a link that might be useful: Target's version of how to fold fitted sheets

o

The 2 sets of instructions posted above show how I fold mine. But I'd say mine are 90% as neat as theirs... somehow it's that next to last step that makes or breaks it.

But here's my secret. After I have the sheets folded as neatly as I can get them, I take the fitted sheet, the flat sheet, and one pillow case and place them inside the other pillow case. That way every thing you need to make the bed is in one bundle and I'm not digging through stacks of linens trying to find a matching set.

o

Now THAT is the best hint I have heard in 6 decades - yes I am THAT old - and Jeana, you ARE great - my gawd - so simple and makes SO MUCH sense!!!!!!!!!

THANK you!!!!!!!

Vicki

o

OK, now see how strange life is? I thought everyone did the putting stuff in the pillowcase thing. That's how they did it in my college dorm (eons ago when the dorm provided bedding) and I've done it that way ever since.

One of the reasons I haven't felt the need for a linen closet. Each of our bundles fits nicely in the bedside table.

Gloria

o

Great tip ... I'm going to start NOW!

o

LOL... I always considered the fitted sheet folded less-than-perfect was the best way to do it, because I always know which sheet goes on the bed first!

P.S. It's easier to learn if you practice with crib sheets. I couldn't fold a fitted sheet until after I had kids. :)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Organizing the Home Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here