Return to the Organizing the Home Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
My new (old) favorite store

Posted by marie26 (My Page) on
Sat, Mar 8, 08 at 18:09

I had lived in Taiwan about 8 years ago and brought back housewares and plastic organizational containers from there. I've been lugging these around with me ever since because I thought I'd never find the same quality in North America.

I recently moved to Vancouver and found a store nearby called Daiso. Many of the items are from Japan and it has everything I'd seen in Taiwan and more. The best part is that most of the items are only $1.50 each (in the U.S.) and $2.00 here in Canada. Their site says they are expanding into the $5.00 to $10.00 range. Apparently, this is a worldwide chain and it presently has stores in Washington State and California.

While at the store, I felt that I had been transported back in time, a very nostalgic experience for me. It made me wonder why I felt the need to stock up on so many of these items years ago when I can now just buy what I really need.

If you can, check it out.

Here is a link that might be useful: Daiso

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: My new (old) favorite store

Marie26 (and anyone else interested) - check out www.creativespacesusa.com - never seen so many neat organizing toys in one place before! Even if you don't buy anything, you might get some good ideas there.

o
RE: My new (old) favorite store

I understand why you stocked up, though. You haven't been able to find those things in the past 8 years, have you? You were moving to a completely different continent and thought you wouldn't be able to get them. And you haven't. Until now. There's only 1 store in Canada, after all.

There are 9 in America, but only on the west coast--Washington and California.

I've had so many things I like discontinued that I'm often tempted to stock up when I find something that *works*.

Lucy, CreativeSpacesUSA.com has gone out of business, and that domain name will soon be owned by Organize.com.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Organizing the Home Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here