Return to the Organizing the Home Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Broom/Utility Cabinet

Posted by margaritalady (My Page) on
Mon, Mar 5, 07 at 17:23

I've been searching for a white broom cabinet for our laundry area. It should be narrow (18"). I've looked at Lowes, Home depot, Target, and on-line and haven't been able to find one. Anyone have one of these and know where to purchase one?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Broom/Utility Cabinet

basically a bookcase w/ doors, just a narrow one, right? w/ no shelves.

Any unfinished-furniture place should be able to make you one.

Ikea has a line of bookcases called Billy; some come w/ doors. They'll be shallower--probably 12".

"pantry" might be another term, but sometimes pantry cabinets aren't quite tall enough to hold a broom.

here's one that's not white, but it's the right size
http://www.homefocuscatalog.com/Parent.asp?product=263393x

You might also look into Mills Pride cabinets at Home Depot (you now have to order them, but I think you can still get them there), and see if they've got an 18" tall pantry cabinet.
here's their kitchen product catalog--see page 21.
but perhaps the middle shelf is fixed, which might create a problem. Perhaps you could simply not attach it, though the sidewalls of my bathroom cabinet this shape are in two pieces.
You'd need to ask them how it's put together, to see if you could leave the middle shelf out. Their customer service folks were really nice, the times I had to call them.

these guys sell modular cabinets
http://www.grizzly.com/products/H6463

Here is a link that might be useful: Ikea's Billy/BYOM--glass doors, but you could cover it

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Organizing the Home Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here