Return to the Organizing the Home Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Where do you store large, flat, paper....?

Posted by alisande (My Page) on
Thu, Mar 9, 06 at 15:32

I have a number of paintings and other works of art my children did when they were young. They're not framed, and not likely to get framed. But I do want to keep them.

I've been tucking them behind furniture, which keeps them nicely out of sight. But it doesn't keep them clean. In fact, they become a repository for pet hair. They're too big to fit in a drawer. Any ideas for me?

Thanks!

Susan
PS: I'm making lots of progress! Photos soon.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Where do you store large, flat, paper....?

put 'em in one of those "portfolios" made out of cardstock that you can buy at the art-supply store.

They're made in other materials too

And stick 'em back behind the furniture, LOL!

Here is a link that might be useful: Or read this thread about map cases.

o

Both boys had a teacher for 2 years that did lots of art. She made portfolios similar to what Talley Sue mentioned, and she sent all the artwork home it it on the last day of school. (Can we say SMART TEACHER?) To this day, that's where they are still stored!

Sheryl

o

I made DDs from 2 sheets of posterboard put together with duct tape. We've had them for over 5 years now, very sturdy. I LOVE duct tape!!! They've got pretty colors now too.

o

hi - I was wondering what to do with my dd's large art work and someone suggested the large flat plastic bins that go under the bed. This worked out very well for me.

o

My under-bed plastic containers are filled with photographs. :-)

I bought the portfolio yesterday at A. C. Moore and it worked out great. I wish I had thought of this idea years ago! Thanks again.

Susan

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Organizing the Home Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here