Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
alisande_gw

Big progress (pix) and a small lesson

alisande
18 years ago

Living room furniture was delivered this week! My old furniture left about two years ago, and the room filled up with boxes of stuff as other rooms were remodeled. It took me a very long time to get the living room to the point where it could be furnished again, so the arrival of the sofa, loveseat, and chair was a major event. (Of course, no one was happier than my dogs...)

The small lesson is that I was going to post here last week about finally "getting it." I felt I had at last grasped the concept of a place for everything and everything in its place. I had cleaned off the dining table and butcher block (kitchen island) and kept them clean for many days. I did this by religiously pouncing on anything that happened to land on them. Well, you can guess what happened next...

I got a little lax, and one item turned into seven or eight in the blink of an eye. I have to start all over again. I haven't quite "gotten it" after all. Not yet. But I'm working on it.

Here are the pictures. I'm not crazy about the pillows (too big, for one thing), but that can be fixed. Note refinished floor! Note painted bookshelves, formerly a startling blue! Do not note that I need to paint the windows, hang curtains, and put down the rug. Like I said, I'm working on it. :-)

Susan

Comments (7)