Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ronbre

spring fever

ronbre
15 years ago

well i've been waiting for Spring to get several things done, one is to get all the furniture that i'm replacing with "storage furniture" out of my garage and over to my son's house..this fall and winter i bought things with drawers and cabinets, and put the old stuff with not..in the garage for my son..but his house was buried in snow.

well we are starting to get those things moved to his house..woo hoo.

also i replaced some appliances and was storing the old ones in the garage..walla..sold them and a few pieces of furniture and some bedding on craigslist...now have money and more room.

third spring organizing project, sold property next door and had to MARK property lines..but couldn't find the survey stakes..well on Sunday afternoon my son and I walked those property lines with some wire and a compass and we found all the survey stakes and got the property line marked, and then sunday evening had a snow storm with thunder and lightening and 8 " of snow.

i love Spring..just wish it would really get here

Comments (3)

• Ina Plassa_travis
    15 years ago

amen - I managed to get the unsold stuff off the front porch, at least, but there's a ton of work still to be done, there...and it's just too cold to be working out doors right now - it makes my hands ache too much.

in the meantime, a friend and I sat down over the weekend, and cleared out several sections of the crafts pile - all my bead boxes are back on the shelves, at least :)

• bspofford
    15 years ago

Ah, Spring.......
    Here in Maine, we have had horrendous snowstorms on April 8 and 15th the last two years, so I am cautiously optimistic. Yesterday the temp got to 50 in Portland. I saw a couple sitting at a picnic table enjoying a lunch. They had to walk through a foot of snow to get to the table!

We are still paying our winter dues...

Barbara

• ronbre
    Original Author
    15 years ago

My son and I spent all afternoon on sunday moving all the furniture that i was giving him, from our house and garage to his house and basement..he has a HUGE basement that he and I finished for him this winter..carpet, drywall, etc..and now he is using the furniture that i replaced with STORAGE FURNITURE in his house ...I gave him a coffee table, 2 end tables, a sofa table (that I replaced with a coffee table with drawers and cabinets, end table with cabinet and sofa table was replaced with console with cabinets and drawer and shelves)....I also gave him a desk I replaced with a sewing and craft armoire, I gave him a vanity and bench that were just in the way (Kristina already has all her make up in it) and I gave him a dresser and a cabinet with 2 glass doors and a drawer..as well..

now my home is much emptier and more organized and my garage is much much much emptier, and his house now is about completely furnished..I feel so liberated