Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
prairiemoon2

Is there anyone here who has an organized home office? [g]

Hi,

I am about to tackle a home office. Buying a new computer, already have a home wireless network, a printer that I am dissatisfied with that is not connected in with the wireless network, which is annoying. I want to add a copy machine, scanner to scan and add old photos to the computer and just basically keep the house running more smoothly. We have a lot of renovations and repairs facing us in the house and I want to get the office organized and working like a top before starting those.

Can anyone help? I am getting bogged down in decisions about which equipment I can purchase that will tie it all together, stay in my budget and not overlap each other. I am getting a new MacBook Pro soon, and will build from there.

Anyone already go through this process successfully?

Thanks

pm2

Comments (5)

• marie26
    16 years ago

I just purchased a new printer and am having it installed today. I needed a technician to clean my computer the other day and he offered to set up the printer for me. The best thing about the one I purchased (Lexmark)is that it is Wifi so it will print virtually anywhere in the home for your computer and any others in the house. It does everything you are needing as well as 2-sided printing. I don't have Mac and am not sure if my printer is compatable with it, though. The printer cost (on sale) $150.00 Canadian.

Since I moved, I now have the computer, filing cabinet, my books and stationery in the office. It's nice not to have to do "office" things in various areas of the house.

• lucy
    16 years ago

Hi, got an iMac, have an Epson 'all-in-one' printer that scans in its top bed, and the software it comes with plus the Appleworks and iPhoto that came with the Mac lets me play with photos and do lots more. I have a 4' wide, 6' tall cabinet with a pull out side 'return' that the printer's on (takes only 20% of that space) and tons of shelves, etc. for everything else.

• marie26
    16 years ago

I also have an Epson printer that I purchased and then realized that it doesn't feed paper when making copies. I replaced this printer because that particular function is very important to me.

• lucy
    16 years ago

Huh? It doesn't feed paper? Mine does, if very slowly. Have you checked with Epson re whether it's supposed to do it, and if so, return the machine for another one (it's how printers ar dealt with routinely).

• marie26
    16 years ago

I had checked with the store and it wasn't made to feed paper. I had just assumed it should. I ended up using it for awhile anyways but since I also didn't like having to buy all the different colors of ink each time, I ended up getting a different printer. This was 2 years ago. I just purchased a new printer because I can't find the power cords or the plastic trays from the printer I purchased to replace the Epson with that was moved here. I did come across a box today that had miscellaneous stuff and found some missing items but nothing from the printer. I'll probably find it during my next move, if I ever do find it. I will be asking the movers to pay for my new printer, though. They are more than welcome to come here and search for the missing parts.