Return to the Organizing the Home Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Over-the-Door / Wall Pocket Organizer: do you love yours?

Posted by maura63 (My Page) on
Thu, Mar 30, 06 at 11:07

I have a wall pocket organizer from Ikea (bought 10 years ago) that I love. It hangs inside a closet door and stores DH's various accessories that he mostly uses in the garage or outdoors.

I would like to reclaim this space for organizing some of the kids' sports paraphernalia, But, I want to buy another one of these organizers for the garage (for DH's stuff).

Ideally I would love another from Ikea, but I won't be there anytime soon. Plus, I looked on their website and on Ebay and could not find the same/similar item. I like this particular one because it is canvas, it is durable, and instead of the usual 20 or 24 pocket style, it has only 12 roomier pockets.

I've located canvas organizers on various website, but wondered if anyone here could endorse a particular one. Pocket roominess and durability are key. I don't need *a lot* of pockets, but I definitely need *roomy* pockets.

There's a link below to the type of organizer I am looking for. Where did you get yours, and are you very satisfied with it?

Thank you!

Maura

Here is a link that might be useful: wall organizer

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Over-the-Door / Wall Pocket Organizer: do you love yours?

I have three:

• Laundry Room Door-Tools, tape, nails, rulers, picture hangers, well basically things usually in a junk drawer.
  • Office-Craft supplies like hot glue gun and refills, floral supplies.
  • Guess Room-Creature comforts like linen spray, magazines, candy, lotions, etc.

Each is just a see-through shoe holder cut at the appropriate length. I don't know if it would be as functional for me if it wasn't see through especially the junk drawer one.

•  o

Forgot to post the picture of the shoe orgnizer that is my junk drawer on the back of the laundry room door.

o

We hang the canvas pockets inside each kids' closet door. Right now each pocket holds a Beanie Baby from an auntie who gives the kids three or four every year. Not sure when or how this tradition will end.
    The pockets are roomy, the material is strong, and I like the natural look of it.

Here is a link that might be useful: Target canvas over the door organizer

o

One inside the hall closet to hold all the pairs of gloves, scarves, hats, umbrellas, etc that we use in the winter.

o

"We hang the canvas pockets inside each kids' closet door. Right now each pocket holds a Beanie Baby from an auntie who gives the kids three or four every year. Not sure when or how this tradition will end."

If your kids are like mine, they will tire of their Beanie Babies when they become teens. Between the 3 of them, we had quite a collection. Quite a few went to my preschool, and the others to charity. I have to say, I don't miss them - but it sounds like you found a great solution for storing them!

Sheryl

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Organizing the Home Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
    • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
    • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
    • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
    • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
    • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
    • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here