Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
tre3_gw

what to do with beanie babies?????

tre3
17 years ago

Never went crazy with these but between three kids we have quite a few. I am interested in finding an organization that is looking for stuffed animals. I had heard that some rescue departments use them for young victims. Any ideas where I can donate them? They are driving me crazy and no one in our family cares a wit for them anymore. TIA

Comments (6)

• talley_sue_nyc
    17 years ago

check w/ day cares, the fire and police departments in your town (though they may prefer larger, more huggable stuffed animals).

one nice thing about Beanie Babies--they can be washed more easily than other stuffed animals, bcs they're so small (I put them in a net bag to minimize tugging. So passing them on is more palatable.

Beanie Babies make great role-playing toys, bcs they're sized more like dolls. That's why I thought of a day-care center or two. (that, and their washability)

And there's always Freecycle or Craig's List.

• tre3
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Thanks TalleySue. I'll check daycare options too!

• quiltglo
    17 years ago

Our quilt guild has a fun thing with stuffed animals. Member wash them and then make a small quilt to go with the animal. The get pretty creative with the animal's personality. They are used as part of a fundraiser and then go to the police and social workers to be given to children when being removed from the home or there is a fire or something.

You might also want to contact a local senior center, or even shelter's. They always need nice things for gifts for the kids.

Gloria

• tre3
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Thanks quiltglo!

• jannie
    17 years ago

My daughter works at a day care center. She brought a bag of her beanie babies in at christmas time and let each child pick one. The girls especially liked them. Boys just aren't interested in stuffed animals,I guess. it was better than throwing them out. She cleaned her room and threw out five trash bags full of stuff. I was afraid to look. But she was at peace with paring down her belongings, so I was glad.

• teaghansmama
    17 years ago

there is a soldier in Iraq who is looking for stuffed animals to give to Iraqi children....

i don't know how much shipping would be but maybe since beanies aren't very big you could fill a box with a lot of them and it wouldnt be too expensive...

hth!

Here is a link that might be useful: stuffed animals to Iraq

Sponsored
Wannemacher Interiors
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Customized Award-Winning Interior Design Solutions in Columbus, OH