Return to the Organizing the Home Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Recommend a labeler?

Posted by jiggreen (My Page) on
Thu, Mar 26, 09 at 9:11

I currently use the dymo letratag, which I love (and use the heck out of!), but for some situations those itsy bitsy, narrow labels are not ideal. Can anybody recommend a labeler that is capable of making nice big, (easily read from a distance) labels?

Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Recommend a labeler?

What would you be using this labeler for?

o

The P-touch labelers are mostly 3/4"' tape. So they can be read from *some* distance. And when you use the biggest type setting, you're often restricted. It's all caps, and only one size & shape.

The PT9600 uses 1.5" tape, but it's pretty expensive! More than $300.

For anything larger than the 3/4" tape, i would simply use an Avery label of some size (I keep a supply of the 6-to-a-page shipping labels).

If I wanted it laminated or washable, I'd use paper and laminate it, or I'd use clear packing tape (over either paper or an Avery label). Avery makes a clear label as well; I don't know how durable it would be.

(If you want me to send you a sample of the 3/4" tape w/ the "big" type, drop me an e-mail)

o

I have a P-touch, roughly the equivalent of a current PT-1880. 1/4" to 3/4" tape, two fonts, and a number of styles. My only complaint is that labels don't stick too well in every situation (file folders come to mind).

I also have a Brother label printer (QL-500) which is very nice (and I got free with a Brother laser printer!). A number of different sized labels are available, up to 2 3/7" x 4" and it will print any font, character, symbol, or graphic your computer has.

o

Mike, our P-touch labels hold on folders at the office--are your folders not made of tight, smooth paper?

The QL-500 is interesting--Brother gives its estimated "street price" as $70.
maximum label width is 2.75. It looks like the labels aren't laminated, though.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Organizing the Home Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here