Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
claire_de_luna

A visual reorganization. What's Bugging You?

claire_de_luna
19 years ago

You know, it's not only closets, drawers, bookshelves, basements or garages that need purged. (Or clothes, toys, or...uh...lightbulbs!) Sometimes it's what's around us in our homes that we see daily and become immune to. You know, Favorite Stuff. I woke up early this morning, and as is my habit, I sit around in the dark looking around and liking what I see, or thinking about "change". Sometimes it's the seasons that bring about the need, like moving plants from inside to the garden, new paint or a room remodeling like a kitchen addition.

There are many changes I'm finally ready to make, and one of the areas that's BUGGING me are the built-in shelves on our enclosed porch. My new kitchen has an opening into that room, which connects the space. It's a straight visual shot from the sink to those shelves and I need a better transition from the "porch" to the kitchen. I'm thinking about adding some majolica, and maybe some of the copper molds I have no room for in the kitchen. My copper watering can collection would be good there. Those shelves could look Much better than they currently do. I'm ready for a visual reorganization!

It's spring, The Time is Now, and Change is Good. What's Bugging you, looking around your home that needs "freshened up"?

Comments (4)

• anrsaz
    19 years ago

My couches are all in front of the windows and it drives me crazy. I feel locked in, but there's nothing else to do with them.

I have a denim valance that shows dust all the time and that needs to go. I'd like some light sheers, something airey and springy.

My pantry is a mess.

I'm desperate to add wainscotting in the lower half of my kitchen as I'm sick of the sage green color I painted the lower half of my dining area about a year and a half ago.

Then there's the clutter of a tiny fridge in my kitchen in addition to my regular fridge, which is way too small, but unless I rip out a wall or an island, there's not a darn thing I can do about it.

• maddiemom6
    19 years ago

It's ~so~ Flylady but I actually noticed that I breath different when my kitchen counters and bar are devoid of stuff ( not often I assure you) but when it does happen I feel so different! This revelation was one that changed the direction of our kitchen remodel.. we were going to have some open shelves for the daily dishes..but I now know that I feel more peaceful when things are not visible.. Right now I am working on getting the LR back in shape so it feels more peaceful. We switched places for one of the windows and the front door when we built the new porch.. but the trim is still a mess and I still need to build the inglenook... I really just want one room to be a haven.. got to get my butt in gear to do it :)

• des_arc_ya_ya
    19 years ago

Right now it's our yard. It's been so wet/cold/messy that we're really behind in picking up limbs out of the yard, cleaning between the sheds, etc.

Hope it's pretty the next few days so I can get something accomplished.

• talley_sue_nyc
    19 years ago

The whole darn house (sigh)!

Seriously, though, I think it's two things:
    1)my dresser, which is back to being messy (the difference being that NOW it bothers me, and it'll get taken care of tonight, probably)
    2) this stack of stuff by my piano--it was packed up for the remodel, and I've lost the bookshelf it used to be in. That's going to be a *bit* harder, now.

Sponsored
Fine Designs & Interiors, Ltd.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars28 Reviews
Columbus Leading Interior Designer - Best of Houzz 2014-2022