Return to the Organizing the Home Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
any fiber spinners out there? ...storage advice

Posted by woollady (My Page) on
Tue, Mar 31, 09 at 2:22

hi to all, i like to spin wool.its easy for me to store the spun yarn till needed,but what would be the best way to store the fiber or fleece?right now they are in black garbage bags and take up the entire closet space(2 feet by 8 ft.),top to botton.is there an accepta ble way to store them.where the fleeces would be protected and give me better storage space?any advice would be greatly welcomed.thanks

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: any fiber spinners out there? ...storage advice

Check out your local knitting /craft store. They keep their yarn out in the open, on racks, not in the dark and all piled up. Perhaps you can create a hanging system. I screwed cup hooks into a wall and hang my bagged Christmas decorations on the hooks. Or maybe you can build shelves into that closet so you can set the yarn on them.

o
RE: any fiber spinners out there? ...storage advice

hi jannie,thanks for your response.however i don;t need help storing the yarn but the actual fleeces themselves .they are huge and take up all the room in the closet and wondered if there is a good way of storing them and being able to clain storage space.tia

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Organizing the Home Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here