Return to the Organizing the Home Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Closets in No. Cal.

Posted by bestefar (My Page) on
Sat, Mar 17, 07 at 1:05

We are putting hardwood floors in our bedroom and laundry area. We have demoed the previous (reach in) closet insert and shelving in the laundry area. The new floors are beautiful. They just got their first coat of stain/sealer today. I'm looking for a closet company with an excellent reputation for installation. Do it ourselves is also possible if the product is right. The last thing I want is for some closet installer to trash my new floors. Anyone have any recommendations?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Closets in No. Cal.

The most important part of closet organization it the design. Make sure that you find someone who will listen to what you want and not just throw the status quo closet inserts at you. A well designed closet can make or break you bedroom, and day. Make a list of everything you want to store in your closet and throw out about half of it! The advice I am giving you comes from a lot of experience.(especially about the downsizing of your stuff) We just finished installing a closet that was well over 100k and the owner are thrilled because it functions so well.

There is a internet site where you can submit your closet dimensions and they will design your space for free. Then you can purchase the components from them or someone else and do the install

Good luck!

o
RE: Closets in No. Cal.

Thank you for your reply. We've already thrown or given away a lot of stuff. Could you please provide the name or link to the website that allows design? It would be greatly appreciated.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Organizing the Home Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here