Return to the Organizing the Home Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Home office inspiration pictures??

Posted by sarahandbray (My Page) on
Sun, Feb 19, 12 at 21:14

Thanks in no small part to gardenweb, we were able to successfully renovate our kitchen a couple of years ago!
Now, we're on to an office adjoining the kitchen and living room.
Approx 11'X11' with our plan to do a basic U on the three walls, maximizing counter/work space.
I can visualize it, but my husband needs more proof (if it were up to him, we'd throw a few old, mismatched desks in there and call it a day!

Any great finished office pics of regular people or good websites for ideas? We kind of broke the bank on the kitchen and are just trying to have a neat, organized homework space for our three kids and bill-paying space (plus gadget charging area!) for us.

Any help is greatly appreciated!!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Home office inspiration pictures??

I'm linking a post from the gallery section of the gardenweb decorating site. Some of the pictures started in 2008 and some have been deleted, most look professionally decorated as well as "regular people" (like me too). There are tons of pictures so give it a bit of time to load. I'm sure you'll find some good ideas and hopefully more pics will be posted here for you. Our office needs to be redone so I'll be looking back here for more ideas too.

Here is a link that might be useful: Office pictures

o

Houzz.com and google images have some great ideas. I also perused BH&G and other design books from my local library. I looked into replicating one design using cabinets from big box stores, but it became too pricey. We turned a 10x10 bedroom into an office for 4 using IKEA parts for <$1000. Here's the kid's side, the grown-up side has a larger desk, another bookcase, and filing cabinet.

Photobucket

o

There's a Flicker pool for workspaces: http://www.flickr.com/groups/unclutterer/pool/ A word of warning--these are mostly from minimalist decorating types.

Apartment Therapy also has lots of pictures of workspaces. Go to their main site: http://www.apartmenttherapy.com/ and look in the menu on the left side of the page for "Rooms" and then choose "Workspace." Many, but not all, of the rooms shown on AT have a modern or techy slant.

Here is a link that might be useful: Apartment Therapy

o

Try Here (on GardenWeb)

Good luck!

Here is a link that might be useful: Home Office pics

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Organizing the Home Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here