Return to the Organizing the Home Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Am I still Too Cluttered?

Posted by shades_of_idaho (My Page) on
Sun, Feb 20, 05 at 19:46

Hello,

I have spent the better part of four days working on my kitchen. Painting and redoing. I had it pretty well organized, until the painting started. You can see I ended up with a huge mess but could not be helped. I did clean it up.

My question is........... If you have time could you look at the pictures and tell me if you think more needs to go. Sigh......... I know I have a lot of canisters on the counter. We have things in every one. Tea Flour Sugar Coffee Popcorn etc. No junk. LOL The corner they are in is a wasted corner because I can reach the canisters but not clear back into the corner without my stool.

By organizing the rest of my kitchen I was able to have the glass doors made for the cupboards on the stove side of the kitchen. And why didn't I straighten the little towel on my stove before taking the picture??? LOL Since there is not a wall for my china cabinet I put my china in the cupboards. Worked, with some more purging.

I do not know how to make the album, New Kitchen, public so my user name is shades_of_idaho and the password is junkyarddawg.

Thanks for looking and give it to me full blast. I can take it. This house is 600 SQ FT smaller than our last house, we just moved in June, and I need to get a reality check here.

New Kitchen Album

Chris

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Am I still Too Cluttered?

I love the glass cabinets and the corner cabinet that is green and white. I didn't notice too much clutter on the counters as you seemed to keep it all on one counter. And when I say that, I really mean it because I will only keep those items that are absolutely necessary on my counters.

I am very impressed with your kitchen. You should be proud!

o

Really nice! I think you have done a wonderful job!

o

Very pretty kitchen. I absolutely love that color. What is it? And I love that corner cabinet! I didn't notice any clutter either. I think it looks great. Just enough so it doesn't look junky and just simple enough that it still looks livable and not cold! Beautiful!

o

Thank you all for the nice comments. I am glad it looks OK. I know I tend to over look something lots of things when I live with them every day. It takes other eyes to see clutter for me.

The color is called perfect mint and I bought it at Wal-Mart. But........... here is the catch. I took the perfect mint paint chip at the store and asked them to make it half as dark as the chip. This house is very small. Now if you can believe this I just finished painting our other house we just traded for this one the perfect mint color but I did it full strength.We were only there a year and a half. :^((( I loved that house!!! That house was HUGE compared to this one. The darker color would have been too dark for the smaller rooms here. I also used bright white on the ceilings not just the regular white from the can paint. My husband likes the light green color and it is a good thing because all but two rooms here are the light green or will be as soon as I do our master bedroom. I need a few days break from painting. My hands are so swollen and painful now.:^(((

Thank you Again. Guess I need to clean up the laundry room from the painting mess and then do the outside pantry. NOW that is a big mess for sure and nothing I seem to do makes it better. Sigh. It is a dumping ground. Almost wish it were not here then I could not have all the stuff in it. LOL

Chris

o

I KNOW clutter and did NOT see any in your kitchen!!!! I thought it was just gorgeous. You should be very proud :)

I agree...the mint green color is great!

o

Chris: Your kitchen is lovely. I love the green & white cabinet too. I've always wanted a Hoosier cabinet for my kitchen, but we have no place to put one. The mint paint looks wonderful. Your house sounds a lot like mine with regards to the green paint. Currently, only our den is green, but we're planning to paint both the kitchen & the bathroom a light green & possibly our bedroom too.

Greta

o

Aw Thanks again for your nice comments on my kitchen. I am still doing the finish work on painting the kitchen. Pantry door and the island and the fan blades. They are a trick to do for sure. I plan to rest a few days then I will start in on the bedroom painting job. I would really like to have this house all finished with painting on the inside before we go back to work in the spring which is almost here. Sigh.

I did take a little time last night and organized the owners manuals we were talking about on another thread and got them all in a binder. Looks great and feels great. I even organized them in the binder as to inside outside, husbands tools, household little things and then appliances. Will be great to use. Thanking who ever it was that suggested this!!!!
Chris

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Organizing the Home Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here