Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
kittiemom

Need Your Opinions!

kittiemom
19 years ago

This is slightly off-topic. I've posted in the Bathrooms forum, but wanted to get opinions from my buddies here. It does relate to organizing in a way. I want my organizing to help simplify a lot of areas of my life, including cleaning. So here goes: DH & I have been remodeling our bathroom. I had chosen a new faucet that I love long ago, making the decision to switch from brass to chrome. We went to Home Depot to get new doorknobs, but they didn't have any in the chrome finish. They did have brushed nickel & I told DH we'd try those. Once they were installed I began thinking about the finish. I'm wondering if the brushed finish would look nicer with regards to showing water spots. I've now begun really noticing the one at work & it shows them terribly. I have polished brass in the kitchen & it shows them really badly. I don't expect it to look perfect all the time, but I don't want something that always looks like it needs to be cleaned. I'm also beginning to look more at the bronze finish. Anyone have any experience with either of these finishes? Are they easier to keep clean & looking nice than the polished?

Greta

Comments (4)