Return to the Organizing the Home Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Thing in the drawers

Posted by rabbit8 (My Page) on
Sun, Feb 27, 05 at 14:31

What sort of things/organize in the dresser/chesser drawers ( socks, pants, shirt, blouses or whatever)do you place in your drawers. What clothing do you hangup in the closet?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Thing in the drawers

Drawer stuff: DH's underwear, socks, handkerchiefs and everyday t-shirts

My underwear and socks are stored in small baskets in a cabinet underneath the bathroom sink. My t-shirts and sweaters are folded and are stored in some stackable box/basket type thingies in the closet.

We hang jeans, pants, shirts, dresses, skirts and jackets in the closets.

o

Basically the same as Ya Ya!

Underwear, socks, tshirts, shorts, pjs in drawers.

Shirts, trousers, skirts (don't own any dresses!), jackets all hung. Don't have a closet either, so I have one of those free standing hanger thingys.

o

I know the Addams family kept Thing in the drawers!

o

I keep underwear, socks, pantyhose, and sweaters in drawers. Dresses, skirts, blouses, t-shirts and jackets are hung.

o

Well, hey - I think I've still got, oh, maybe, a dress or two! LOL I know I have some skirts. I HAVE them, I just don't WEAR them much!

o

Everything is in drawers except for button-down shirts, trousers, sweaters (usually too bulky for drawers), and jackets/suits/ties (which, according to the laws of decluttering, ought to be given away because I've worn one suit maybe three times in the last five years).

o

Everything hung up except underwear, sweaters so they won't get ruined by hangers, and nightgowns.

G

o

what a concept--hanging up your underwear. Do you suppose there's anybody who does?

o

In closet drawers: sweaters (turtlenecks, scoop, V-necks and the big bulky ones in their own drawer, but which should go since I don't really wear them anymore)

In chest-of-drawers: undies, black socks, gym socks, knock-about-house and sleep tee-shirts, gym clothes, jeans, sweats and shorts

Hangup: main tee-shirts, everyday shirts, sweatshirts, dress shirts, and the occasional skirt (which I never wear and should go according to the laws of de-cluttering :)

Also, an interesting thing I noticed when I did my closets: I have NO dresses. Somewhere in a purge not too long ago they all got gone. I can't believe it. I was a little over-zealous on one of those purges. Now I need (at some point) a new "black dress" or what I call my Weddings and Funerals dress. Can you tell I don't dress up? Casual all the way...

Cheers,
--jans

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Organizing the Home Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here