Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
rabbit8_gw

Thing in the drawers

rabbit8
19 years ago

What sort of things/organize in the dresser/chesser drawers ( socks, pants, shirt, blouses or whatever)do you place in your drawers. What clothing do you hangup in the closet?

Comments (9)

• des_arc_ya_ya
    19 years ago

Drawer stuff: DH's underwear, socks, handkerchiefs and everyday t-shirts

My underwear and socks are stored in small baskets in a cabinet underneath the bathroom sink. My t-shirts and sweaters are folded and are stored in some stackable box/basket type thingies in the closet.

We hang jeans, pants, shirts, dresses, skirts and jackets in the closets.

• Denise_NZ
    19 years ago

Basically the same as Ya Ya!

Underwear, socks, tshirts, shorts, pjs in drawers.

Shirts, trousers, skirts (don't own any dresses!), jackets all hung. Don't have a closet either, so I have one of those free standing hanger thingys.

• trekaren
    19 years ago

I know the Addams family kept Thing in the drawers!

• joann23456
    19 years ago

I keep underwear, socks, pantyhose, and sweaters in drawers. Dresses, skirts, blouses, t-shirts and jackets are hung.

• des_arc_ya_ya
    19 years ago

Well, hey - I think I've still got, oh, maybe, a dress or two! LOL I know I have some skirts. I HAVE them, I just don't WEAR them much!

• steve_o
    19 years ago

Everything is in drawers except for button-down shirts, trousers, sweaters (usually too bulky for drawers), and jackets/suits/ties (which, according to the laws of decluttering, ought to be given away because I've worn one suit maybe three times in the last five years).

• apoem
    19 years ago

Everything hung up except underwear, sweaters so they won't get ruined by hangers, and nightgowns.

G

• talley_sue_nyc
    19 years ago

what a concept--hanging up your underwear. Do you suppose there's anybody who does?

• JanS
    19 years ago

In closet drawers: sweaters (turtlenecks, scoop, V-necks and the big bulky ones in their own drawer, but which should go since I don't really wear them anymore)

In chest-of-drawers: undies, black socks, gym socks, knock-about-house and sleep tee-shirts, gym clothes, jeans, sweats and shorts

Hangup: main tee-shirts, everyday shirts, sweatshirts, dress shirts, and the occasional skirt (which I never wear and should go according to the laws of de-cluttering :)

Also, an interesting thing I noticed when I did my closets: I have NO dresses. Somewhere in a purge not too long ago they all got gone. I can't believe it. I was a little over-zealous on one of those purges. Now I need (at some point) a new "black dress" or what I call my Weddings and Funerals dress. Can you tell I don't dress up? Casual all the way...

Cheers,
    --jans