Return to the Organizing the Home Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Prioritizing chores by the space they free up

Posted by talley_sue_nyc (My Page) on
Sat, Feb 26, 11 at 11:03

Now that I'm more productive at home again, I'm looking at all the household-improvement/maintenance tasks.

And my experience with installing the trash pullout and the microwave grid is that I killed TWO birds with each single stone. My trash pullout is working, AND I got rid of the big box that was holding it, waiting for me to get around to it. The microwave looks better, AND the box holding the grid is gone.

So i've decided that these are the tasks to concentrate on:

-install shelf liner in cabinet over fridge (will eliminate boxes of shelf liner from my closet)

-make curtains for kitchen (will eliminate bag of fabric from my closet)

-hem all 3 pairs of new pants (will eliminate bag of pants from the DR chair)

-install sheers in DR window (will eliminate curtain rod & sheers from corner in my bedroom)

-install dividers in utensil drawer (will eliminate drawer divider kit from triangle closet)

I've been amused at myself, how jazzed up I am at realizing that I accomplished TWO things.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Prioritizing chores by the space they free up

I hear ya, loud and clear. I got so tired of walking around the box, I finally installed the new printer I bought 6 months ago, just so I could get rid of the box! And the best part, other than having a super-duper printer, is that there is nothing that goes in the empty floor space!

Barbara

o

I have been on a self-discipline campaign not to start another project until a previous one is finished. And by start a project, I'm talking about the fun part involving buying and bringing home stuff.

o

Graywings--I went through that a while ago!!

Right down to the "the fun part involving buying and bringing home stuff."

It really was a self-discipline campaign for me. I found I was happier, bcs there weren't undone projects nagging me. I wish you great luck on that.

I fear I might be slipping back into that; I bought wire and a plug today so that someday soon I can attach them to the light-bulb socket in the basement storage bin. But so far, they're small, and I *did* put the pieces away in the right place.

o

Funny, I am just sitting here trying to decide what to do today, and this is exactly the conclusion I am coming to.

I need to change the furniture in my bedroom, and I could go out looking for the new piece I need - or address what I am going to do with the old one and get started on the sub-agenda, which is paint and trim installation.

I decided NOT to go shopping just yet.

KarinL

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Organizing the Home Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here