Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lots2do_gw

opinions on jewelry organizers

lots2do
18 years ago

Hi,

I am getting a new night stand and am thinking of ordering those plastic jewelry trays that can organize your jewelry. They are a little pricey but I really need to store these items in a more efficient way. I already have a wooden hanging rack for earrings. Anyone of you have these? I'd like pros and cons,please, before I take the plunge!

Lots2do

PS and it looks like they can stack.

Comments (9)

• talley_sue_nyc
    18 years ago

Jamie from Montana bought those; I think she was pretty pleased with them. Maybe she'll chime in.

I don't have room in my nightstand; I've found that one of those hanging bags w/ the teeny plastic pockets works well for me. Or, well enough anyway, considered what has already reserved all the space in the nightstand.

Good luck!

• quiltglo
    18 years ago

Don't forget to check the office supply stores. They have lots of in-drawer comparmentalized type things. Several I've seen will slide several layers with small box areas.

Gloria

• lots2do
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Thank you!
    Kelly

• joann23456
    18 years ago

I got this idea from someone else - maybe someone here - but I use ice cube trays. They work great, stack, and are cheap.

• teacats
    18 years ago

http://www.organize.com/

Check out the acrylic jewelry organizers there -- there are some that are lined too! And on sale too!

Yes -- for less expensive ideas for storage -- check out shops like Big Lots, Target etc. for plastic drawers/storage.

Also check out ideas like using a fisherman's storage or tackle box.

Or check shops like Home Depot for storage chests that are used for organizing the garage (nails, nuts, bolts etc.)

• lots2do
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Thank you, Teacakes, will do!
    Kelly

• postum
    18 years ago

I got a jewlery armoire at a garage sale for my dd for $10 - she uses it for hair clips, scrunchies, etc. She also has quite a lot of jewelry for a six year old! It might cost less to buy an armoire than to buy individual organizers.

• Julie_MI_Z5
    18 years ago

Postum,

I am so jealous that a 6 year old has an armoire and I don't! LOL I'm definitely going to tell everyone I know to watch for one at a garage sale this summer.

• musicteacher
    11 years ago

I have a nice jewelry box but most of my wear often jewelry I prefer to hang on the wall. I got some cute little boards with four silver pegs and hang all my long necklaces and bracelets from them. If it is not on the wall I seldom remember to wear it. Other seasonal jewelry is in one of those hanging pocket organizers in the closet.

Sponsored
Moda Kitchen and Bath
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars20 Reviews
Loudoun County's Custom Kitchen & Bath Designs for Everyday Living