Return to the Organizing the Home Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
opinions on jewelry organizers

Posted by lots2do (My Page) on
Sat, Feb 25, 06 at 9:44

Hi,
I am getting a new night stand and am thinking of ordering those plastic jewelry trays that can organize your jewelry. They are a little pricey but I really need to store these items in a more efficient way. I already have a wooden hanging rack for earrings. Anyone of you have these? I'd like pros and cons,please, before I take the plunge!
Lots2do
PS and it looks like they can stack.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: opinions on jewelry organizers

Jamie from Montana bought those; I think she was pretty pleased with them. Maybe she'll chime in.

I don't have room in my nightstand; I've found that one of those hanging bags w/ the teeny plastic pockets works well for me. Or, well enough anyway, considered what has already reserved all the space in the nightstand.

Good luck!

o

Don't forget to check the office supply stores. They have lots of in-drawer comparmentalized type things. Several I've seen will slide several layers with small box areas.

Gloria

o

Thank you!
Kelly

o

I got this idea from someone else - maybe someone here - but I use ice cube trays. They work great, stack, and are cheap.

o

http://www.organize.com/

Check out the acrylic jewelry organizers there -- there are some that are lined too! And on sale too!

Yes -- for less expensive ideas for storage -- check out shops like Big Lots, Target etc. for plastic drawers/storage.

Also check out ideas like using a fisherman's storage or tackle box.

Or check shops like Home Depot for storage chests that are used for organizing the garage (nails, nuts, bolts etc.)

o

Thank you, Teacakes, will do!
Kelly

o

I got a jewlery armoire at a garage sale for my dd for $10 - she uses it for hair clips, scrunchies, etc. She also has quite a lot of jewelry for a six year old! It might cost less to buy an armoire than to buy individual organizers.

o

Postum,

I am so jealous that a 6 year old has an armoire and I don't! LOL I'm definitely going to tell everyone I know to watch for one at a garage sale this summer.

o

I have a nice jewelry box but most of my wear often jewelry I prefer to hang on the wall. I got some cute little boards with four silver pegs and hang all my long necklaces and bracelets from them. If it is not on the wall I seldom remember to wear it. Other seasonal jewelry is in one of those hanging pocket organizers in the closet.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Organizing the Home Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here