Return to the Organizing the Home Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Closet Maid Closet Track and Elfa

Posted by graywings (My Page) on
Sun, Feb 13, 05 at 9:18

I read on another board that the Elfa accessories fit on the Closet Maid Closet Track system. Has anyone tried doing this?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Closet Maid Closet Track and Elfa

I guess not. Guess I will have to try it myself.

o

I don't know about Elfa. I do know that the shelf standards I bought at my local lumber yard *look* at first glance to be like Closet Maid.

But they are not--there's the teeniest difference in dimension, and the brackets from one won't fit in the other.

So I think you're smart not to assume they'll match.

(I didn't want to answer earlier, because I didn't have any direct experience, and I wanted your question to float at the top for a while so everyone could see it).

Good luck!

Where are you using your Elfa/Closet Maid set-up?

o

I know what you mean about something being the teensiest bit off. I made that mistake once when I bought two different brands of wall organizers that looked identical.

I have a laundry closet in the kitchen - 8 feet wide and 9 feet high. Right now there is just one shelf in there, so I am missing out on a lot of potential storage area above that shelf. I am going to install the Closet Track as soon as I finish another project I am working on.

o

that sounds really smart.

I know that Elfa has tons of wire drawers, shelves, etc.; I'm wondering of Closet Maid does. You might not need much variety--simple shelves may be enough for you (esp. once the money factors in).

o

Graywings:

Someone on this forum posted pictures of her fabulous laundry room and she had a little shelf running across the top of her top loading washer and dryer. I don't remember if the shelf was above the lid, but it struck me that you could put a 6 inch wide shelf along the wall along the top of the machines. What a great place to put detergent and other useful things. Easy access. I wish I knew what that thread was called. Perhaps someone else can post a link to that thread.

o

I like that idea--I think we often forget how much will fit on a skinny shelf.

Then you can put deeper shelves farther up.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Organizing the Home Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here