Return to the Organizing the Home Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Liquid Soap vs Hand Lotion

Posted by lov2garden (My Page) on
Mon, Feb 15, 10 at 8:13

I want to have pretty pump bottles on my sinks for hand soap and lotion but I have two problems:
1. Some of those pretty pump bottles don't have enough power to dispense some liquid soaps and I find I have to dilute them. What can I do to thin a lotion, if necessary?
2. How do people tell the soap pump from the lotion pump? I've had people try to wash with the lotion and then try to use the soap as lotion! I don't really want to label them.

How do you solve these issues?
Much thanks! Barbara

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Liquid Soap vs Hand Lotion

You can thin a lotion with a cosmetics-grade oil, or just buy one that is thin enough to pump.

Labels are about the only thing I can think of that will prevent confusion.

o

I don't use pump lotion. My favorite lotion doesn't come in a pump. However my soap dispenser is always white in both the bathroom and kitchen. If I were to keep both I would make some of those beaded glass identifiers that they use for wine glasses, with a big bead in the center that I could write either an L for lotion or a s for soap. They have gold or silver pens that would work for that, just make sure the bead is not too glossy or it won't take the ink. They could even match the rooms decor.

Anyway that's my idea. If you like it then go for it

o

THis is off topic but since you're discussing liquid soap I wanted to share this tip I found online. Liquid soap easily gets stuck zippers unstuck. Just put a small dab on your finger tip and rub on the stuck portion of the zipper. It works like a charm.

o

If this is for the bathroom and you have a nice size countertop, place the soap pump really close to the sink & place the lotion pump in the center of the countertop (away from the soap pumps).

o

You might want to know that soap and lotion will corrode the metals on most of those pretty bottles, fast. I was replacing the NICE soap bottles in kitchen and bathrooms every 6-10 months because the metal got really yucky.
I did finally come up with solutions that worked for me but I thought you might want to be forewarned.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Organizing the Home Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here