Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
dawnp_gw

You all are gonna love these ideas!

dawnp
11 years ago

Someone posted this website on Pinterest.

I think you will fine some of the creative organization ideas very useful!

Here is a link that might be useful: 52 Organizing ideas

Comments (6)

• mustangs81
    11 years ago

Thanks Dawn!

• jannie
    11 years ago

Great iodeas, and I love the illustrations! Let me add one tip, which I got from back in the days when my daughter was in elementary school. The teacher told each child to bring an empty cereal box to school. She had them cut the sides of the box on the diagonal, then covered the boxes with contact or construction paper. Each box was then used on the child's desk to store workbooks. I thought it was great as a magazine holder!

• bspofford
    11 years ago

Definitely worth a read. Thanks!

Barbara

• WalnutCreek Zone 7b/8a
    11 years ago

Clever ideas; I have sent to family members.

• talley_sue_nyc
    11 years ago

I already do several of these.

I posted the Altoids tin idea a while ago, and I adopted it in my triangular closet / junk drawer.

I have an extra shelf in the fridge as well as a bin.

I transfer bulk items to stackable bins. Almost the same brand.

I have undershelves.

I hang boots, but not from pants hangers; i loop something through the hole in the zipper tab, and hang them from a hook against the wall. Shower curtain hooks, in fact.

And I attach tweezers AND fingernail clippers to the medicine cabinet w/ magnets. Exactly like that.

I use PVC pipe to store my electric screwdriver.

My *grandfather* installed shelves over the doors of every room in his house.

And I've been cutting up shoe pockets and stapling them on the sides of bookcases, inside cabinet doors, etc., for a long time!

This made me feel really smart!

And I think the *cool* thing about the magnetic rack to store knives is not the magnetic rack--that's old hat. It's that the rack is mounted on a DOOR. So, storage behind it, but knifes easily accessible. I was going to have to have a fuse-box door over the end of my kitchen countertop, I thought. (not quite code, but I though I'd be stuck/get an exemption). I decided I was going to build a false door so it would be nice looking,a nd I was going to mount a knife strip on it

• mustangs81
    11 years ago

Tally, I felt pretty smart too when I saw things that I have been doing. I thought of you when I saw the Altoids tins. Like you, all my cabinet doors multitask.