Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
apoem

Hello again and an update

apoem
18 years ago

Hello everyone!

I've been away for a while. No real reason. Just when the site format and look changed I was thrown for a loop. I kept thinking I'd go get familiar with the site and never did. Ihave finally realized I missed the ladies on here and the support I got for being organized. So here I am- ready to dip my hand in and see how the forum is...

Here is a short update.

Since October we went to Louisiana and visited inlaws. We came back two weeks before christmas. Then we had days off with the DH home which was very nice. And now here I am.

I have probably gotten rid of 20 large trash bags of stuff. Stuff being clothes that are too small for the two youngest kids, toys they have outgrown, books etc. I have filled out large trash container full several times over with stuff- stuff being broken toys, ripped books, etc etc etc.

I have built bookshelves in my room- correction- my dad did. I directed. I also am working on shuffling stuff around to get my daughter her own room so she won't have to share.

Did someone ask me about the house addition I kept talking about the past two years? Ha. It's still in the discussion stage. lol.

So here I am. Ready to organize.

Ginger

Comments (5)

• intherain
    18 years ago

Ginger!!! So good to hear from you! I, too, was gone for quite awhile and recently returned. This great forum has already pushed me to resume organizing. Today was the first day someone came over unannounced and I felt perfectly at ease about it. That is HUGE for me!

I hope you start posting more. I've always enjoyed what you've had to share!

Sheryl

• bouncingpig
    18 years ago

Hi Ginger and Sheryl! Glad to have you both back. I was gone for a long time too and came back in November. It really is good to chat with the girls and have a certain amount of accountability.

Brenda

• alisande
    18 years ago

I saw the phrase "a poem" on my computer screen just the other day and thought, I wonder what happened to Ginger? Glad to hear all is well!

Susan

• teacats
    18 years ago

Wow!!!! 20 bags is incredible -- way to go!

And shelving too -- an excellent project -- and well worth the effort too!

You've been really busy! :)

• anrsaz
    18 years ago

Hey Ginger! Long time no hear from! Haha..(just kidding of course)

I came back here too about a month ago or so and found the site changed too! I lurk though.

I still want to know how you clean out your kids toys without them whining about it!

Ann