Return to the Organizing the Home Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
X-post: show me your combo craft room/laundry room

Posted by susanpn (My Page) on
Fri, Jan 2, 09 at 20:43

I am looking for organizational and layout ideas for making a laundry/craft room. For starters I'd like to accommodate materials and supplies for myscrapbooking, quilting, and kids' art supplies and projects. The washer, dryer and sink will be in a line recessed as in a closet but open to the rest of the room, which will be about 7x 9 feet. I am planning on a wall of counter for workspace with cabinets above and some below but that is pretty generic. If you've got something that works well in your house I would love to see it!
Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: X-post: show me your combo craft room/laundry room

I don't have a combo craft/laundry room. My laundry is in a closet, and I don't do crafts. Why don't you show us your craft room, and talk about what isn't working for you instead? What do you need help with specifically?

o
RE: X-post: show me your combo craft room/laundry room

I don't yet have a room to show! We are building a house and I am just looking for ideas from people who've already done this. There is a new thread about organizing a craft room, and that one could help me too. I will have a relatively small space, approx. 7'x9', and I am looking generally for ideas that might help me decide how I want to organize the space -- put in counters and cabinets, arrange work space, etc. It's just a big blank sheet at this point! I've cross-posted this on the building forum and now that someone has posted about organizing a craft room here I'm sure I will get some ideas. Thanks!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Organizing the Home Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here