Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
marie26_gw

In the interim

marie26
18 years ago

I have been seeking permanent solutions when in fact my situation doesn't allow for them. I know I'll be moving in about 1 1//4 years to another state (if everything with the job goes as planned).

I decided to stick with the desk I already have. In fact, I'm in the living room using my new desktop now which is on the desk. I purchased the set of drawers that I had been eyeing at Costco for a long time. There was a speaker that was sitting on a table in a corner of the living room near the desk. I put the speaker on these drawers in that spot and I have already been organizing into them. One holds all the important computer stuff, another has paper for the printer, etc.

I emptied one of the bookcases in the library by moving those books onto other shelves. So, instead of them all being on the shelves looking very pleasing to the eye, now they are sitting very tightly next to each other. I put all my books that I had in bins in the garage after my cabinet broke into this empty bookcase in the library. I didn't even need to use all the shelves. I still have one project in a bin that I will keep there until I either throw it out or continue the project. For now, though, I'm not ready to do either.

The other side of that cabinet in the garage is still holding some of my stuff and I'll keep it that way until we move. I have been thinking of finding out how much I'd have to pay on my own to have it fixed. But if it's not fixed, it will be thrown out when we move.

I purchased this week a 12-shoe holder that can sit at the bottom of a cupboard and be zippered shut. That made me think along the lines of getting other products that I can use that will let me prepack different items but at the same time, let me use the items.

So, I've come to the conclusion that I have organized my house to a point that everything has a permanent spot in it. It makes more sense for me to quit looking for permanent solutions when my life here isn't permanent. It will be better to plan for the next place instead of this one.

Comments (3)