Return to the Organizing the Home Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Inventorying sorage tub contents...

Posted by Breck724 (My Page) on
Sun, Jan 13, 13 at 18:34

Hi all, we store a ton of items in 31 gallon Rubbermaid storage bins. We have these shelved and it works well, but easily finding things inside them is tough. I thought of an idea after we started using the Grocery IQ app. We use the grocery store app on our laptops, i pad and android phone and they all sync to one another. What is cool is, as all our devices are synced with Grocery IQ every entry no matter who does it updates on ever device connected. I was thinking if there was a list or database app similar to this setup, we could number each tub and enter tub contents under that tub number and load to an app that is updated by all devices. Any ideas out there?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Inventorying sorage tub contents...

Why don't you sort the tub contents into like items?

All the camping items into one labeled "camping", etc.

o

i've started buying only see-through plastic totes. And I write the contents (general category) on the outside in permanent marker. I store the totes in my attic. Nice to be able to see the category and the contents. I'm a very visual person.

o

Number the tubs, take a picture of the contents, put on computer. If you add something to the tub, take another picture and delete old one. Works for us.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Organizing the Home Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here