Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mommabird_gw

MAJOR basement purge!

mommabird
10 years ago

After 21 years in the same house, I am finally finishing the front half of the basement into a rec room/TV room. I am so excited I can barely sleep at night!

The most exciting part is that I had to get rid of tons of junk in order to be able to do it. I've posted over 100 items to FreeCycle & had them picked up. I donated 20 large lawn/leaf bags of stuff to the Volunteers of American thrift store. I called city trask Bulk Pickup & had a mountain of stuff that was just trash. The "pickers" took about half before the city trash came.

It has been so freeing to release this J-U-N-K! I feel 50 lbs lighter (even if I don't look it!). I've extended the purge to the rest of the house, and taken another carload of stuff to Volunteers plus continue to post things to Freecycle three or four times a week.

I got rid of my 20 year old ski equipment, and treated myself to new skis for Christmas. I got rid of all skis & boots my boys have outgrown. I also got rid of sports equipment they have outgrown or for sports they have given up. I got rid of gadgets that seemed like a good idea but never really worked - like the Shark steamer.

Comments (3)