Return to the Organizing the Home Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Need Large Bread Box

Posted by peabody1 (My Page) on
Sun, Jan 20, 13 at 16:45

I'm hoping someone will have some suggestions. I am looking for a large bread box. We have two loaves of bread and a bunch of bananas sitting on the counter. I can't take it anymore. My husband will not let me put them in the pantry. So I'm hoping to find a bread box to hide them in. Suggestions?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Need Large Bread Box

I store bread in the oven.

o

graywings,

The oven would be a good big storage area, but with our luck we would forget and turn it on and smoke the house up.

o

My MIL did that... with a bakery box!

o

If you google "wooden bread box" you will see lots of options. Know anyone who does decorative painting? They can add whatever you want to the outside.

o

It only takes once to remember that the oven is also storage. Going forward it's not a problem. At least that is my experience!

o

Never a good idea to store food in the oven--even if you do remember to empty it, who wants to do that a couple of times a day. And what if someone else in the household (or a guest) doesn't realize it's being used as a spare cupboard?

Does your husband do the majority of the cooking? If so, he gets a vote on where you store food--if you do most of the cooking and clean-up? Then for heavens sake, put the bread in the pantry. That makes the most sense, after all, if you have the space there.

As to a bread box? I have a feeling that even if you get one, your husband won't bother to use it. Could be wrong, but if he doesn't want to walk a few extra steps to the pantry.....

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Organizing the Home Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here