Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
melissa_houser

Cell Phone Clutter

Melissa Houser
14 years ago

I'm not talking about clutter ON one's cell phone. I'm talking about cell phones and accessories themselves. Because I use my cell phone constantly for business, I have a tendency to beat them up. However, I have mixed feelings about getting rid of them.

On occassion, I've had to revert to an old cell phone while a new one is being repaired, not to mention that my teenager has used old phones when he's killed one of his.

So my question is this: How do you store old cell phones and their accessorie? In the boxes they came in (which I do keep)? In some other manner, like zip lock bags? Is there a good way to dispose of them where your personal information isn't vulnerable to some stranger?

Do you have a time line for getting rid of old phones? Should I keep the old ones for other users?

If it makes any difference, I'm on AT&T which uses SIM cards to store information, but the phones themselves hold information as well. I'm thinking things like phone numbers and email information for contacts. I'd hate for any of that to be available to someone if I donated the phone.

Comments (5)