Return to the Organizing the Home Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Everyone makes the same Resolutions

Posted by tripletmom83 (My Page) on
Sun, Jan 5, 14 at 15:32

They are: lose weight, get fit, get organized. Just look at the ads in this morning's paper, diet aides, exercise equipment, storage bins. I haven't gotten started on the diet and exercise yet, but I got a start (really a continuation) on the organization. Bought a new winter coat yesterday. So this morning i went through the coat closet, removed all light weight jackets and coats to be stored in the basement. Had a couple coats to donate. A couple of sweatshirts belong in the bedroom closet. One coat to be dry cleaned. Then the plastic bin on the closet floor that hold gloves and hats. Sorted, cleaned, and tossed single gloves and ratty scarves and hats. Even ironed a couple of scarves. Cleaned out and organized purse. It didn't take long, but it feels so good to go into the closet and see what I have, and instead of just grabbing the same thing day after day, I can change off, easily finding matching gloves and scarves.
Next I think I will work on my sock drawer.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Everyone makes the same Resolutions

Not me.
I no longer make New Year resolutions.

Funny, but we call January "Resolution Month" at the gym. All the people who make those New Year resolutions are gone in February.

o
RE: Everyone makes the same Resolutions

I've noticed the gym thing. My so-called resolutions usually start around September when the kids go back to school. All is great until January when you can't find a parking spot or an available piece of equipment to use.

We moved this summer so I went back to square one on the organizing side. We had a full size door added to the attic and had the attic floored the week before Thanksgiving. We've slowly been going through boxes and moving stuff out of the garage. This house has almost no storage. I miss my mudroom and wonderful closets of my last house. I've been trying to get creative. If I can ever find my saws, dh is going to come home and ask what I did today. Then I'm going to show him. Lol! I have basic plans in my head on how to put together the mudroom area in the garage and a freestanding clothes rack in the attic.

Dh went back to work today. I'm planning on cleaning the path from the front door through the living room to the kitchen. Tomorrow when the kids go back to school, I go work out and go grocery shopping with a meal plan.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Organizing the Home Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here