Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mvastian

Talley Sue...

mvastian
18 years ago

... I remember some time back you mentioned an artist you especially liked listening to while working in the house - what was the name? And could you list a few of your favorite songs?

We recently started ituning and I'd like to check this out.

Thanks!

Maria

Comments (9)

• talley_sue_nyc
    18 years ago

I like Willie Nile--especially "Places I Have Never Been." It's kind of like the early part of the night at your favorite neighborhood bar w/ a rock band, LOL!

Lively, sounds best when it's a little bit loud.

I just put it on this weekend, in fact, when no one was home but I needed to be really productive.

Bruce Springsteen is good for that, too--esp. his older, rowdier stuff.

And I like true country music for cleaning, too--though nowadays it's hard to find a REAL country-music station in NYC.

The key is a rollicking, lively beat and a friendly sound.

Anybody got any other suggestions for Maria?

• jannie
    18 years ago

I have a favorite oldies rock station.i WOULD PUT IT UP LOUD AND DO MY HOUSEWORK. i TRIED TO DO AT LEAST ONE CHORE PER SONG. lIKE, SCRUB THE TOILET, MAKE THE BED, ETC. Sorry about the capital letters-I hit caps lock by mistake.

• metaphysician
    18 years ago

I know I'm dating myself, but...

When I had my first apartment, in my 20's, I'd put on loud disco while I was cleaning. I'm not sure how much the neighbors appreciated it, but Donna Summer sure gave me the energy to clean up the place!

PS. These days, I'm more likely to put the Bach Brandenburg Concertos on the stereo.

• marie26
    18 years ago

What helps me is talk radio, especially since my favorite talk radio station recently came to this area.

• metaphysician
    18 years ago

I know I'm dating myself, but...

When I had my first apartment, in my 20's, I'd put on loud disco while I was cleaning. I'm not sure how much the neighbors appreciated it, but Donna Summer sure gave me the energy to clean up the place!

PS. These days, I'm more likely to put the Bach Brandenburg Concertos on the stereo.

• lionors
    18 years ago

My college roommate would put on the cast album to "A Chorus Line," which would help her type faster.

I also like to listen to show tunes while I work. They seem to motivate me. Especially William Daniels singing "Is Anybody There?" That really gets me going!

• talley_sue_nyc
    18 years ago

I end up singing and dancing around the apartment, to show tunes. 'Cause I *really* want to be a Broadway star.

So, I don't get much done w/ show tunes on, LOL!

• foggyj
    18 years ago

Tina Turner really gets me going. I exercize to the cd while cleaning.

• des_arc_ya_ya
    18 years ago

Talley Sue's comment about country music caused me to remember something. When my kids were teenagers (they're 37 and 33 now) I used to put on Conway Twitty and turn it up loud. My DD would say, "OMG! Mom's got Conway goin'. She's gonna clean house!" LOL

She said she can't hear him even today without picturing me with cleaning rags and the vacuum cleaner!