Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mom_of_3tadpoles

Large Revolving Shoe Tree

mom_of_3tadpoles
18 years ago

Hi, I've been lurking for a few days and thought you might be able to help. We have an out-of-control pile of shoes at the door of the garage entering the house. We don't wear shoes in the house (sorry, fly-ladies, just can't do it), so they accumulate in the garage. Really don't have room for a bookcase size shoe shelf, and the tote boxes we've been using are difficult to dig through.

The only thing I've found that worked was a revolving shoe tree I picked up at Home Depot years ago, like the picture attached, except the center rod was a tension rod that went to the ceiling, so there were about six or seven racks for shoes. Didn't take up much space, easy to use....until one of the kids broke it.

I can't find another one anywhere...has anyone seen them recently or know where to get one? Or a better idea to store shoes in a small space? Thanks!

- Andrea

Here is a link that might be useful: Small revolving shoe tree

Comments (9)

• quiltglo
    18 years ago

We have a shoe on house, and not just because of Flylady. I hate, hate, hate taking off shoes, but we still accumulate quite a few.

Have you tried any of the racks that hang over the door? It looks like they make them to hold lots of shoes.

Gloria

Here is a link that might be useful: over the door rack

• talley_sue_nyc
    18 years ago

Yours does sound really neat!

I couldn't find one, and haven't seen one w/ the tension pole in the middle.

I found these:
    This one has tension poles, but it doesnÂt revolve
    from www.homefocuscatalog.com

I think this is the same one

from Stacks and Stacks

Stacks and Stacks (http://www.stacksandstacks.com) has lots of shoe storage solutionsÂcubbies w/ doors, perhaps? If you could decide that after all there's room for a bookshelf-size solution?

Bcs storing those shoes really should be a priority, not an afterthought.

I wonder if you could find something like yours at a place that sells store fixtures?

And are you sure yours couldn't be fixed some way? Is there a metal worker or machine shop you could have take a look at it?

• mom_of_3tadpoles
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Thanks, ladies. I think an over the door rack will have to work now that I'm certain that the other style is unavailable. I appreciate your suggestions.
    - Andrea

• sheriz6
    18 years ago

Ikea has a really cool shoe cabinet -- it's SO skinny it fits just about anywhere. One of my no-shoes-in-the-house friends has this and just loves it.

I do like your revolving shoe tree idea better, though, since you can see everything.

Here is a link that might be useful: Shoe cabinet (9 pairs)

• esga
    18 years ago

I need the one you describe, but I have the one in the picture you sent. It works better than anything else I've ver had, but it works best for people with smaller feet! i wear a women's size 10, and I find that the vertical space between the rows isn't really big enough. Still, like I said, it's better for me than anything else I' ve had.

• crableg
    18 years ago

Mom of 3, I found them at Amazon.com,
    I just ordered 2, $19.95ea. and Free shipping! AND, I signed up for the credit card and got $30 OFF! I think I got them (2) for 9.95!!!!!
    Woo Hoo, I Do love a good deal! Life is SHWEET tonight!!!LOL

• crableg
    18 years ago

re: its like the one in your link, (3 racks) but it's a fit for my closet....

• teacats
    18 years ago

http://www.organize.com/ has revolving shoe trees in white and chrome too!

Just ordered some refill garbage bags from them -- for the Rack Sack in the kitchen ----- very fast and good service.

• crableg
    18 years ago

The racks came already!
    And they are very nice quality, It took me 10 min. to put one together. I highly reccommend them! ...

Now I have to decide on what shoes get to go on the new racks,...Yes, I have way too many shoes, I am trying to pare down, arughhh! so hard...