Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
roorezzi

need help with my master reach-in closet

roorezzi
17 years ago

Hi Everyone. I am new to organizing. I am trying to start my year off by organizing the house and my life.

DH and I moved into our first home about a year ago. We still have things boxed up from moving - that we are slowly going through.

Anyway - the closets in the house are actaully quite spacious - except the master is the smallest. Weird huh. Its not that small but smaller than the others.

The closet is a reach-in. Measuring 8ft wide - 22" deep- 8ft high also. Sliding door opening is 70 3/4". That presents a problem b/c I wanted to put nice bifold doors in there and they come in widths of 72. I hate the sliding b/c I am constantly closing one to get to the other side. Right now we have a long bar and shelf on top. I definetely want to add shelves and shoe racks.

We are looking to do an organizer (DIY.) Any suggestions or pics of different brands of organizers. Is it better to start with a kit and add on - or get all the individual pieces and put it together. Is one or the other cheaper. I haven't decided if I am going to do wire or laminate. Looking into both options.

I am going to attempt today to try the closetmaid planner. I tried it once and had a hard time figuring it out.

Any pics of reach-in closets with organizers would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Ruth

Comments (4)