Return to the Organizing the Home Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Strike While the Iron is Hot!

Posted by des_arc_ya_ya (My Page) on
Wed, Jan 31, 07 at 12:50

That's gonna be my mantra from now on! We have a kitchen closet/pantry area that has been looking pretttty bad for awhile. I had mentioned a couple of times that the closet was gonna be my next project. I had already told my DH that I'd just put out the stuff that was his that I didn't know if he wanted to keep, or not, and he could go through it. (We use it for tools, paint, "stuff" - not necessarily kitchen related.)

Lo and behold - I walked into the kitchen last night at 8:45 and HE was cleaning out the closet. Said he just got in the mood to start on it! Well, I sure wasn't gonna squelch that idea! LOL I jumped in and started helping him by putting everything out on the kitchen table that we were gonna put back into the closet. We finished about 10:00 last night and had, get this, FOUR trash bags of stuff cleaned out of there! He was, luckily, in the mood to trash a bunch of stuff that he had been keeping, so it worked out great.

He has a load to take to our shed today and then we're through.

Smiling, with a great sense of accomplishment. You guys wanta come and have lunch in my closet? It still isn't pretty but it's neat! LOL

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Strike While the Iron is Hot!

Congrats des!! Doesn't if feel great? I've already completed two areas that have been bugging me for years. I vow to tackle more and more in the next couple of weeks.

o

YA DONE GOOD!! cleaning out closets is a bummer cause ya gotta take everything out...then if you paint...ya gotta wait for that to dry before you can put back in...I've got TWO pantries in my kitchen that need gutted and painted...wanna come help me Ya Ya??

o

OK, I guess I'd better do something about that sock drawer....

o

Liz! My dahlink, I would LOVE to come and help you!

We didn't paint - just put everything useful back in there and shut the door! LOL

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Organizing the Home Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here