Return to the Organizing the Home Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Testing a new time-management system

Posted by alisande (My Page) on
Sun, Jan 4, 09 at 12:42

A friend recommended this guy's blog, and we both signed up to beta-test his new time management system. I'm posting the link here in case any of you are interested. (I have no connection with the guy or his blog, etc.)

Happy New Year, everyone!

Susan

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Testing a new time-management system

OK, I'm game for this. I signed up.

o

Happy New Year Susan!

I'm rather curious about it. Have you had any correspondence yet? Do you know what the time management test includes?

o

I responded. It isn't a test of you. It is a test of his time management system. In the simplest of terms, it is a system for how to write and carry out the items on a To-Do list.

o

Hi Claire - Yes, the instructions were emailed to me today. It is requested that the testers not share the details of the system at this time, so I'll honor that. The final version will be readily available free of charge.

The testing process involves no obligation. The person who devised the system is mainly interested in comments, good and bad, not any sort of formal report. Although I haven't read all of his email yet, I can tell you that the system is simple and involves very little in the way of materials--only a couple of things most people have in their homes.

I'm intrigued with what I've read so far. How about you, Graywings?

o

I'm game. I work in software development and do this kind of testing myself (as the observer-tester, not the user-tester; neither person is a 'testee' because as graywings mentioned, the test is of the system).

I need all the time management help I can get. Of course, if my computer would just kick me off of Gardenweb after a certain amount of time, that would help a lot :-)

o

Susan--Thanks so much for posting about this. I signed up and I'm hooked on the process!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Organizing the Home Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here