Return to the Organizing the Home Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Home Library

Posted by movingwest (My Page) on
Fri, Jan 5, 07 at 12:32

49 boxes of books are finally unpacked and the library is on its way. An upholstered window seat and a round table and rug have been ordered and new window coverings are being made. Here are two of the three shelved walls.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Home Library

No matter how many book shelves you have it is never enough to hold the books you have!

o

Hooray!

Congratulations on a job well done.

o

That is fantastic! I'd love to see that window seat and table when you've got them in.

o

Great library, we still have the boxes of books, and are looking for bookcases. Love to see the window seat and table. Are you going to put a seat cushion on your window seat? I can't figure out what to do with the one in my new bay window.

o

Those are awesome shelved walls. They take up almost no floor space! Were they built that way, or did you cut out drywall and build between studs? Oh, how I'd love to do that. Sandy

o

Those built-in bookshelves look great. Please tell us how you did them, if DIY.

o

My husband built and painted them. they are 12 inches deep. and 72 inches high. He will connect them along the top and add crown moldings. The window seat will be covered in beige linen (I own a white cat) and I will pick up colors from the art and other rooms with pillows. There will also be a round white wash table in the center of the room and A round blue aubusson rug to match the adjoining living room decor. The curtains will be white sheers with a scroll pattern. ceiling has recessed lighting and a double door closet in the room is being converted into a bar with drink refrigerator and counter. It's going to be a great party room.

o

These bookcases are inexpensive and really look like wood:

Sauder bookcases

A $500 bookcase isn't too much if you need 1 or 2, but when you need 12, it adds up FAST! *g* I got most of mine for less than $100, on sale.

Below is the one that I have.

Here is a link that might be useful: planked cherry

o

the final version of the room

o

Simply adorable area! I love it.
Ann

o

It looks wonderful. The perfect place to cozy up with a book and a cup of tea.

o

Wow!!! what a wonderful room -- and so fresh, charming -- and very welcoming!! :)

o

Ooh! I like it!! Nice job.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Organizing the Home Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here