Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
movingwest

Home Library

movingwest
17 years ago

49 boxes of books are finally unpacked and the library is on its way. An upholstered window seat and a round table and rug have been ordered and new window coverings are being made. Here are two of the three shelved walls.

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

Comments (13)

• Carol_from_ny
    17 years ago

No matter how many book shelves you have it is never enough to hold the books you have!

• liz_h
    17 years ago

Hooray!

Congratulations on a job well done.

• stephanie_in_ga
    17 years ago

That is fantastic! I'd love to see that window seat and table when you've got them in.

• marge727
    17 years ago

Great library, we still have the boxes of books, and are looking for bookcases. Love to see the window seat and table. Are you going to put a seat cushion on your window seat? I can't figure out what to do with the one in my new bay window.

• breenthumb
    17 years ago

Those are awesome shelved walls. They take up almost no floor space! Were they built that way, or did you cut out drywall and build between studs? Oh, how I'd love to do that. Sandy

• jannie
    17 years ago

Those built-in bookshelves look great. Please tell us how you did them, if DIY.

• movingwest
    Original Author
    17 years ago

My husband built and painted them. they are 12 inches deep. and 72 inches high. He will connect them along the top and add crown moldings. The window seat will be covered in beige linen (I own a white cat) and I will pick up colors from the art and other rooms with pillows. There will also be a round white wash table in the center of the room and A round blue aubusson rug to match the adjoining living room decor. The curtains will be white sheers with a scroll pattern. ceiling has recessed lighting and a double door closet in the room is being converted into a bar with drink refrigerator and counter. It's going to be a great party room.

• reyesuela
    17 years ago

These bookcases are inexpensive and really look like wood:

Sauder bookcases

A $500 bookcase isn't too much if you need 1 or 2, but when you need 12, it adds up FAST! *g* I got most of mine for less than $100, on sale.

Below is the one that I have.

Here is a link that might be useful: planked cherry

• movingwest
    Original Author
    17 years ago

the final version of the room

{{!gwi}}

• anrsaz
    17 years ago

Simply adorable area! I love it.
    Ann

• liz_h
    17 years ago

It looks wonderful. The perfect place to cozy up with a book and a cup of tea.

• teacats
    17 years ago

Wow!!! what a wonderful room -- and so fresh, charming -- and very welcoming!! :)

• godiva14
    17 years ago

Ooh! I like it!! Nice job.

Sponsored
Michael Nash Design, Build & Homes
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars254 Reviews
Northern Virginia Design Build Firm | 18x Best of Houzz