Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
talley_sue_nyc

think you want a P-touch?

talley_sue_nyc
19 years ago

Martha's P-touch is on sale at a big discount.

Drop me a line if you think you want to buy one; I have an idea to share with you.

Here is a link that might be useful: Martha's P-touch

Comments (6)

• cupofkindness
    19 years ago

Well, Talley, I spent so much time paging through through Martha Stewart's clearance sale that I forgot to get back to this post! What a fun link. Too bad so many items are sold out. I've thought about some sort of label maker for my home. But I'm worried that I'll pay for the machine ten-fold in replacement tape, cartridges, etc. So I just use a black sharpie and write directly on the tag or neckline of the article. But what's your idea? Thanks!

• talley_sue_nyc
    Original Author
    19 years ago

I know a way to get an even bigger discount, but it has to be done through me.

I know what you mean about paying for the replacement tape (btw, it's ONLY tape that you replace; no ink cartridges involved).

I do worry about that in terms of giving one to my sister. But you don't have to use it to label EVERYTHING in your house--just the stuff you want to wash.

I used to use a sharpie, too, but it does wash off, or wear off, and this doesn't. I've never tried the fabric tape, so I don't know how long it lasts.

But, for example, I label the kids' lunch stuff, and the Sharpie would eventually wash off in the dishwasher, or rub off. This never does.

I know people who talk about using it to label file folder; I think that's wasteful--get some Avery labels, and use the computer, or write directly on the folder.

But for toys, lunch dishes, shelf edges, etc. this lasts longer.

• talley_sue_nyc
    Original Author
    19 years ago

I will say that, while I went through a couple of cartridges in the first four or five months, and I bought several different colors and sizes (clear, black, white), I haven't needed a new cartridge for a while.

Once I got past the first flurry of labeling stuff, I find that I use it now and then, and don't use THAT much at a time.

Refills are $14 to $20, depending where you get it--$17 to $20 is most common.

• cupofkindness
    19 years ago

Talley:

Okay, I'm interested! But I noticed that the refill tapes are sold out on Martha's web site. Can you buy these anywhere? Where else can I find them? Thanks!

~Cindy

P.S. What did you ever do for your backsplash?

• cupofkindness
    19 years ago

The Martha web-site says that this is an exclusive. Talley, is it this specific model (orange and green keys, battery pack/adaptor, tape included etc.) or does she have a monopoly on this item? Thanks again!

• talley_sue_nyc
    Original Author
    19 years ago

the part that's exclusive, as I understand it, is that it comes w/ two tapes. That's all, if I remember right. And the tapes are standard, cup; they're available at any Staples, and online for about $14 sometimes.

I haven't gotten to my backsplash yet--still have to fix the crummy paint job.

Drop me an e-mail by clicking on my name.