Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
marie26_gw

Coupons

marie26
18 years ago

I have to go through my coupons. They are organized by date and I have a tendency to cut almost all of them out (just in case), although I don't find that there are that many worth using. Is there a site that you use that you can get great coupons?

How do you organize your coupons?

Also, do you use your coupons for items you want to stock up on?

Comments (5)

• quiltglo
    18 years ago

Wish I could help, but I discovered years ago that coupons just aren't for me. They make my life harder, not easier.

If something I buy all of the time is in the Sunday paper (like milk or eggs), I clip that and put it in my purse where I keep my credit card that I use for grocery shopping.

If I need to hang onto them for more than a few days, they go in the trash. Magazine coupons just don't jive with they type of items I buy.

Gloria

• superbee
    18 years ago

I organize coupons by the store I will use them in. I have a little coupon organizer that I got at the dollar store in my purse. Works well for me.

• steve_o
    18 years ago

Unless it's an item I know I buy all the time, I don't bother with coupons. It's just too much overhead for the benefit. I won't buy some other brand just because I have a coupon. And since it's only me, I don't need to buy three of anything. In addition, I do most of my food shopping at the co-op, and most magazine and newspaper coupons are not for brands I will find at the co-op. The few coupons I do use are kept on the refrigerator, right next to the weekly grocery list.

• intherain
    18 years ago

I, too, have given up on coupons. It took more time trying to organize them, store them, get rid of the expired, driving to different stores....I haven't used them in over a year and it feels good!!

Sheryl

• bouncingpig
    18 years ago

I rarely use manufacturer coupons as they are ususally for products we don't use. But often there are store coupons I use. I have several envelopes - one for each store that I put these coupons in and the occasional manufactured coupon will go into whichever store I think I will get the best deal on. I only do this bigger shopping once a month or so, so I make a list and hit each of them with my envelope in tow. Works for me.

Brenda