Return to the Organizing the Home Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Cat center / Laundry Sorting Area Organized (pic)

Posted by crystal01 (My Page) on
Wed, Jan 31, 07 at 11:52

Eight years ago I drew a design for a Cat/Laundry Sorting Center, it never got built because it was going to cost $300. in materials, let alone the time, etc. Well, while re-orging my foyer closet with an elfa system from the Container Store, a light bulb went on! Here are the results: http://www.my-town.com/pandd/house/cat_center

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Cat center / Laundry Sorting Area Organized (pic)

wowee, crystal--that's great!

Here is a link that might be useful: crystal01's cat center, a clickable link

o

I LIKE IT!

Good use of pre-fab materials

o

Big difference, Crystal, that's great!

For what is' worth, here's my set-up:

I have two cats and my laundry room is also the cats' room. In fact, they are confined here at night too, so I had to factor in bedding. (The floor is tiled and it is a chilly room and I spoil them.)

The litter box is stored under the sink (where the machine empties into). I've even used a tension rod to hang a "curtain" (actually an old beach towel) to hide the box, keeping it slightly open for kitty access.

Bucket type litter stands on floor near here, also serves as a stool, if needed due to bad back, while scooping litter.

The cat beds used to be up on the small counter, but one of the cats is getting too old to make that leap. (And I wanted my counter top back!) Then the beds took up limited floor space, that I was always shuffling around. Not any more. On an opposite wall I have a triple laundry sorter on wheels. Beneath this is a 5' runner-style rug and two "pet" pillows, side-by-side that fit perfectly beneath the sorter. The food bowls are to the left, where there another 16" of rug.

Dry food is stored in a plastic, hinged-top container on a tray that one of my kids made a few years ago.

All-in-all, it works.

Here is a link that might be useful: laundry sorter with wheels

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Organizing the Home Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here