Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mar_cia

should I keep saving Lang calenders?

mar_cia
17 years ago

Do you Lang calender lovers just trash them or keep them? I love the pictures and think I might use them sometime. I do have one frame that I keep a picure in and I change it out, but I think I should just part with them. The other thing is that I like to look back and see what I was doing......it is the calendar that I use for scheduling appointments and outings etc so it is kinda like a mini diary thing. Does anyone save calenders for that reason or do I just need to get over it? What do you all do?

Comments (8)

• marie26
    17 years ago

I will most likely be giving advice that most on this site will find wrong. But if you have a bin of "memories", of personal momentos, I'd put them in there. These are a history of your family and IMHO important.

• silvercomet1
    17 years ago

If you were only saving the calendars for the pictures, I'd say pitch them since you'll have twelve new pictures to admire every year. Or if you have a scanner you could scan the pictures into the computer and use them in your desktop or a screensaver, and throw the originals. But if you're saving the calendars as a record of what happened during the year, well, I'd tend to hang onto them. But I'm struggling to fight the clutterbug tendency in myself, so you may want a few more opinions!

• TACHE
    17 years ago

I always save used calenders in a big rubbermaid lidded container for hind sight. It's under the bed in the den. I rarely refer to them but when I need to they are easy to get at. Could I really not have been to the eye doctor in five years? Yes, I guess so. Besides I always get calender I really like and it is fun to see them again and be reminded of stuff. I just put 2006 in there.

• quiltglo
    17 years ago

I keep our calendars because I do have to look back to see what date so and so did certain things.

I don't keep them past three-four years. I wouldn't keep them for the pictures. If the information written on the calendar isn't too personal, you might offer them for people doing paper crafts.

Gloria

• bud_wi
    17 years ago

I keep always keep "last year's" fairly handy, and I saved for future reference. Sometimes it is good to have a record of doctor visits and vet appointments and such.

Then with the really older ones I keep them in a box in the attic. I reread them from time to time for memories sort of like a diary, They don't just have doc appointments but also concerts and plays attended, and 'dates' with people I no longer see if they have moved away or passed on.

I do used the older ones for the pictures too. You can buy SQUARE (not rectangular) picture frames at Target that fit calendar pictures. (The frames were orginally made to hold old record album covers for display.) I have a row of the frames in the guest room and occasionally change them all out to give the room a new "theme". It's cheaper than buying new art.

• talley_sue_nyc
    17 years ago

Oddly enough, I keep all our calendars, from year to year. Sort of a family history. I don't usually look at it, but somehow I feel glad to have them.

• breenthumb
    17 years ago

I keep them for the notes, appointments and family visits, etc. too. The past couple years I've also noted stop and start medication dates. Several years worth take up almost no space. They're the LEAST of my clutter problems. Sandy

• mar_cia
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Gloria, that is kinda funny. I AM the person who loves paper crafts! Thanks all of you for your ideas. I think from now on, I am going to use a smaller calendar to keep track of daily "doings" I might want to remember and keep and just throw away the Lang calenders in the future. Except for some of the pics I can't part with. smile They are pretty big. They don't fit in the magazine file boxes...or on a shelf...or in a file cabinet. And, yes, -- when I was caring for my parents, the calendar was a life saver as far as meds.

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, OH